Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • On-One Codeine
  • andyl
    Free Member

I hope they do a carbon version following on from the same value as their hard tail frames. 650b compatible would be nice too if it is possible to make a frame adaptable for both without compromising either.

Drac

Really I can’t see it myself.

Drac

Hmmm! Ok maybe the rear but the front only has a few resemblances.

Northwind

Rear triangle in triangular shocker.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Shock attached to rear triangle shocker

Drac

Actually no I can’t.

Yes I’m bored been on nights so wide awake.

tomhoward

Doesn’t look very dissimilar to a canyon torque 170, just with a a shorter stroke shock. One of the only 29ers I want too.

BlobOnAStick

That’s the newer mega, I’m talking about the original one.

Drac

This one?

BlobOnAStick

Yep.

Edit: this link http://twitpic.com/c23z5h shows the rear triangle arrangement, the bottom bracket arrangement, and the pivot placement. They are ‘cut and paste’ from the original mega, or I’m a Dutchman.

Edit 2: look here http://www.sicklines.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/16202/size/big

Drac

Nope still don’t see it.

BlobOnAStick

Maybe I should go and learn Flemish………

andyl
    Free Member

normal threaded BB 😀

Drac

Ja.

james
    Free Member

“don’t understand bike in picture.. Guapo29 isn’t even out yet, isn’t this pretty similar?”
    apart from this is a single pivot?

smiff
    Free Member

ah thought it was a faux-bar, which didn’t make sense either as Horst patent has expired (?)
    so.. what’s it for? shape and coil suggests DH but single pivots were never that great DH ‘cos of braking effects i thought? and a Revelation 32mm. hmm.

just realised the EG29 is a 140mm bike, so this is a beefier AM 29er and they couldn’t find a suitable fork for it yet?

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks nice, shame about the big wheels.

forge197
    Free Member

Like that

brant
    Free Member

Steep seat angle? Yup. Helps to winch and plummet.
    Singlepivot? Yup.
    Braking effects? Sam Hill seems to be loving his Nukeproof, which evolved from the Scalp which I helped scribble down. Actually this bike has the same downtube as the Scalp. A bit over built but it’ll let us get the centres signed off.
    Travel is 128mm, 440mm chainstays.

belugabob
    Free Member

If they throw in a free beard with every order they´ll have a winner.

There’s always a free beard – just order the bike then avoiding shaving until it’s delivered 😉

tomaso
    Free Member

Are the brake mounts straight and can you fit a front mech on? :mrgreen:

Anyway looks good, I’m liking the departure from XC 29ers towards fun bikes to ride.

brant
    Free Member

You can’t fit a front mech on. No.

MrNice
    Free Member

You can’t fit a front mech on. No.

is there any news on an affordable version of xx1? I like being able to ride up hills

grum
    Free Member

Brant how would you describe what this bike is for? First 29er I’ve liked the look of.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Mega 29 esque?

ojom
    Free Member

Will they need a file?

khani
    Free Member

Helps to winch and plummet

You can’t fit a front mech on. No

😕

brant
    Free Member

Brant how would you describe what this bike is for? First 29er I’ve liked the look of.

It’s what I’d call a trail bike. I’m well aware it’s lack of front mech will cause issues but:-
    1) 28/36 low gear is pretty low.
    2) I don’t mind walking sometimes.
    3) Removing front mech capabilities lets us do other things better.
    4) Life is one long compromise.
    5) Other bikes are available.

wors

5) Other bikes are available.

Whens the updated Titus FTM being realeased?

grum
    Free Member

Ta. Lack of front mech not necessarily a problem. What’s a likely build weight without spending silly money? I would definitely prefer beefier forks – not sure what’s available for 29ers though.

brant
    Free Member

Ed’s is 32lb right now, and I’ve got a plan to get a pound out of the frame.

mattjg
    Free Member

2) I don’t mind walking sometimes.

Let the rushers rush, pushing the bike now and again calms the soul.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

1) 28/36 low gear is pretty low.

Are there any 28t chainsets available for mear mortals who can’t justify XX1?

heihei

Are there any 28t chainsets available for mear mortals who can’t justify XX1?

MRP blingring on a SRAM XO crank works a treat on 29er, although I should say my 29er weighs sub-26lbs. At 32lbs I’m not sure I’d feel the same way on climbs!

ska-49
    Free Member

I love it! Looks ideal for some DH trips. Now patiently awaiting sizing and price.

Reminds me of the Canfield 29er Proto.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Brant just incase you look into this thread again-any idea on timescales for this? A long way off production?

james
    Free Member

“1) 28/36 low gear is pretty low.”
    24/36 (or 22/34) on a 26″ wheel bike over 28/36* on a 29″er is around 2 gears lower?

*or the less costly 32/36 on a 29″er around another gear again?

Fair enough its a compromise to allow some other things, but what other ‘trail’ bikes are single ring only?

Kind of annoying the stays on this 29″er are the same length as my 26″ EG .. it does climb pretty well tbf

LoCo
    Free Member

Brant’s on a trip for a bit I think.

Rorschach
    Free Member

On reflection….I think I’ll be sticking to plan ‘A’ (anybody want an xl Yelli?)

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘On-One Codeine’ is closed to new replies.