Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • On-One Codeine: why not available?
  • DeeW
    Free Member

Seen that On-One Codeine now showing as not available on their website. Anyone know why? As a happy Codeine owner I’m wondering if mine’s going to explode at any minute!

hot_fiat

Sold out perhaps?

honourablegeorge

Some sort of quality issue, they pulled it. (With a new batch of frames, I think, not quality of the frames in general)

fr0sty125
    Free Member

As above they pulled their latest batch of frames.

Wonder if it has happened like the El Guapo V3 the first batch were fine then a 2nd batch wasn’t then the ones after that were.

somouk
    Free Member

I’m tempted into buying one so wish they would sort it or at least publish what the issue is and let customers know.

gumstabber
    Free Member

I’m after one too so phoned and asked them last Monday. They said beginning of December. However I’ve also seen them write “imminently” on a facebook comment.

As previously stated they tested the last batch of frames for structural quality and found them lacking so sent them back. Fair play for not selling them and being responsible, but I wish they’d kept us punters a bit better informed.

variflex
    Free Member

Are they actually going to continue with them or does brant hold the design rights?…sceptic in me thinks the latter.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Are they actually going to continue with them or does brant hold the design rights?…sceptic in me thinks the latter.

They’d need to be seriously lacking in foresight to have contracts that allow their designer to leave and take the rights to the designs with him. Given the positive reviews it’s had I can’t imagine they wouldn’t continue with it once the quality problems are sorted.

variflex
    Free Member

fingers crossed they do then 🙂

CheesybeanZ

spoke to OO today about the codeine and its a paint issue with the last batch, no structural problems just paint . i said id have one in raw if they were stuck with them or with flaky paint and strip it my self but they’ve been sent back .

honourablegeorge

CheesybeanZ – Member
    spoke to OO today about the codeine and its a paint issue with the last batch

Did they all arrive painted in some ridiculous yellow/pink combination?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

*like*

Bring back the Kwick-Save No-Frills logos.

CheesybeanZ

yep , Brants leaving gift to OO

sq225917
    Free Member

Codeine is available once more on the OO website.

BoardinBob

Always wondered why it says in the blurb

Our first ever suspension frame

They must have forgot about

Stoner
    Free Member

I think they probably mean the first one they designed, rather than picked out of the catalogue 😉

Boardinbobactress, nice growler BTW…yours, Bishop Stoner.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

catalogue

I dunno, the top tube was the same as the armadillo, and I heard the back end was some sort of colaboration with Asterix (anyone else remember their bikes?).

They must have forgot about

And those ex-raceteam Ti softails they were trying to sell for silly money.

BoardinBob

Boardinbobactress, nice growler BTW…yours, Bishop Stoner.

Nah. Just a google image search

Northwind

CheesybeanZ – Member

spoke to OO today about the codeine and its a paint issue with the last batch

How bad does it have to be that On One aren’t happy with the paint 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How bad does it have to be that On One aren’t happy with the paint

That did make me chuckle, although IME their paint is far from the worst out there!

[edit] Astrix mention the suspension on the growler on their site so it’s definatley not a catalogue bike, they also mention the Planet-X Storker whcih google finds a few mentions of but no pics?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘On-One Codeine: why not available?’ is closed to new replies.