Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • On One Codeine – Is it worth it?
  • troberts1994
    Free Member

I’d just like to ask the advice of those who own and regularly ride an On One Codeine, is it worth it? I am looking to purchase an aggressive 29er of sorts and I can’t seem to draw my eyes away from the absolute bargain that the codeine seems to be. But is it really worth it or will I just be left after a few rides with a lump of twisted metal?? Problems that seem to arise with Planet X/On One are putting me off ever so slightly. If anyone with real world Codeine experience can help me out it’d be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks, Tom

Northwind

It’s not a real world Codeine experience, but I wouldn’t buy anything from On One, once bitten twice shy. Especially something at this price. Shame as it looks a storming bike.

fd3chris
    Free Member

On the flip side I bought a fatty rolling chassis and after that the carbon forks with no issues. Yodel aren’t too good though.

frood
    Free Member

Previous post on the matter

I’ve got the large and love it. I regularly do long days on it, with big climbs and big descents. Having lived with it for a few months now, I’d say that the stock wheel build leaves a lot to be desired – i was on a loan bike originally (long story) and had to retension the rear wheel within 3 rides, then when I got my own I had to do the same. Since then the wheels have been great.

The bike is superb – geometry is spot on. The saddle is quite long so you can move around on it and get on the nose for steep climbs to keep the front tracking where you want it to go.
    The lads from around here will confirm that it descends like an absolute demon.

My advice would be absolutely it’s a bargain and rides incredibly well, especially if like me you like just getting out and riding rather than flicking switches every climb and descent – just make sure that you check everything has been assembled well – the pivot bearings have all been fine, but I had to do up the shock bushings as they loosened off and the rear brake adapter needed some threadlock.

SRAM seems to have got obsessed with using torx bolts , which I personally find really irritating, so it’s worth getting a good torx key.

variflex
    Free Member

see other thread started today, not sure its still available. If that is the case thats a shame as its on my list for 2015

frood
    Free Member

br
    Free Member

The lads from around here will confirm that it descends like an absolute demon.

Yep 🙂

disconoir
    Free Member

deffo worth it, my review is here if anyone is interested (probably not) http://sundayridersclub.tumblr.com/post/99753970783/on-one-codeine-review

gamerriley
    Free Member

700 miles in and I think it’s a great bike. There are niggles as mentioned above, mine was hub bearings which eventually Planet X swapped for a complete wheel set. But if you can look past all that then it’s one hell of a bike at one hell of a price. Oh and it does go down rather quickly 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

Got mine frame only,so hard to pass judgement on the build kit but the frame feels bomb proof (I can vouch for how thick the seat tube is because I drilled a hole in it).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘On One Codeine – Is it worth it?’ is closed to new replies.