Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • On-one cnc stem – anything else I should consider?
  • sam_underhill

These look like a great balance of price/weight, especially at the “sale” price. I assume they are up to the job, despite just being a far east generic copy.

Anything else I should look at? Running an old heavy 75mm at the mo, so I’ll probably go for the 70mm in the on-one as they don’t do a 75.

thepodge
    Free Member

superstar components do some good low cost stems plus you get free harribo

stumpy01

KCNC flyride 70mm stem is great. Just bought one myself from koo-bikes on ebay. Only £25 with free delivery & the 70mm one weighs 102g on my kitchen scales.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    br
    Free Member

I got the On One one for my lads bike; good quality, light and cheap – what more could you want?

sam_underhill

Thanks.

I’d happily pay top whack for something that was a lot lighter and stronger. My riding buddy has syntace stem but it’s only a few grams lighter than the one one and 3rd times the price.

Northwind

What sort of use? The Flyride mentioned up the page is one of KCNC’s weaker stems, they don’t recommend it for all mountain use frexample. I wouldn’t, personally, 20 grams of saving vs the possibility of extensive plastic surgery 😉

With the On One, don’t be hamfisted, someone on here managed to crack the faceplate while fitting- not a lot of metal in it, by design.

pickle
    Free Member

een unning an on one CnC’d stem for a while now and it’s superb! light and strong and looks the nuts. why pay more??

uplink
    Free Member

I can sort of live with the possibility of some things failing causing a possible crash
    But stems ain’t one of them, I’d steer clear [or indeed not, if it goes wrong] of light and cheap with this one.

The On-One one looks OK but so do Thomson and Easton which have a pretty good rep for not falling in two

pickle
    Free Member

Uplink, so how many of the On-One stems have you seen or heard of fallingin two then? jebus, just cos it doesn’t have Thomson on it and cost £100 then it has to be rubbish? 🙄

uplink
    Free Member

Uplink, so how many of the On-One stems have you seen or heard of fallingin two then? jebus, just cos it doesn’t have Thomson on it and cost £100 then it has to be rubbish?

can you read?

I said it looked OK
    I also said Thomson and Easton looked OK and have a good rep

wind yer neck in and read before you post next time

pickle
    Free Member

my mistake………..i speed read it and got it all wrong 😕

uplink
    Free Member

‘s OK 🙂

just don’t wind me up on a Monday morning 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘On-one cnc stem – anything else I should consider?’ is closed to new replies.