Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • On-One Carbon Fatbike
  • mccraque

I remember seeing some Instragram snaps with the catchline “you asked, we listened” – On One Carbon Fat Bike last year.

No sign of it on their website though. Just a carbon fork for the alu fatbike.

Did this come and go? Or never materialise?

johnnystorm

Badged up as a Tomac Hesperus, which itself seems to have vanished from OO’s webpage.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

There was a cracking deal on the carbon Tomac fatbike in the recent sales, but they have now gone, just like there are no flat bar versions of the London Road available currently.

thepodge
    Free Member

I hear (3rd hand) Tomac the man is not happy with Tomac the brand now PX have taken over… this may or may not have something to do with it.

wwaswas

They’ve not pulled any other Tomac stuff;

http://www.on-one.co.uk/brand/q/Tomac

Northwind

The Tomac was a catalogue frame so they’re probably less in control of the supply chain than they are with some of their others.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Tomac’s unhappy tbh, his relationship with the real Tomac brand was supposedly along the lines of “They design things and bring me a prototype and I tell them if it’s any good and if they can put my name on it or not”.

Saccades
    Free Member

Hard to feel much sympathy though – he signed the license agreement, if he had that much sign off on the last license agreement (where his bikes looked fugly and lasted about 15 mins before they broke) maybe it’s good that he has little input to the bikes being churned out by PX under his name.

mlke
    Free Member

I’ve a Tomac/On-one Gravel frame and am very happy with it. Stiff light and will take quite wide tyres. Bonus feature it hasn’t snapped yet.
    I think they’re called “Tomac Montezuma” but I’m not kidding myself that it’s anything other than an On-ONe with a Tomac sticker on.

dovebiker

Generic Chinese carbon frame – look at the Chinese Carbon Frame thread on MTBR Fat Bike forum for details of reputable models / providers – you can buy frame and forks for about $500 without the love/hate paintjob.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘On-One Carbon Fatbike’ is closed to new replies.