Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • On-One Carbon 456 or Ragley Blue Pig
  • sailor74
    Free Member

Looking to get a winter bike and have narrowed things down to the Ragley Blue Pig X9 or Carbon 456. (im currently trying to resist a nukeproof mega) I have no experience of hardtails so looking for some advice on which may be the better bike.
    Up until recently I have mainly just ridden downhill, but im selling my downhill rig to fund a winter trail bike. The most important aspect of the bike is that it does downhill as well as it can (for a hardtail), so really which of the two fits the bill best?

Thanks!

Junkyard
    Free Member

blue pig is less compliant and harsher than a 456 says a mate who has both

sailor74
    Free Member

really? I thought the 456 would be harsher, but cool thanks for that.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

I will e-mail him this thread so he can comment in greater detail

i was surprised as well FWIW

sailor74
    Free Member

thanks man, looking to put my order in monday morning.

chakaping
    Free Member

Get the mega if you are going from a dh bike

😉

emanuel
    Free Member

sov

sailor74
    Free Member

lol already got a Mojo HD so not sure if I can justify the Mega.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve got a new Blue Pig X and it’s very comfy , easily as much as my old 456 which was steel as well .

D0NK

Junkyard was talking about me, he got his wires crossed in translation. I’ve got an mmmbop, the ali version of the blue pig material and it is indeed quite harsh, 456 is a much comfier ride, the blue pig should be a bit closer. Other than that ragley and 456 seem pretty similar, head angle, chainstay, etc, seat angles are little different, 74 on the ragley vs 71 on 456, seated steep climbs might be a little easier but can’t say I’ve noticed it much (but I run the 456 SS so no seated steep climbs)
    Bue pig will be a good pound or more heavier. I’d go for the 456 but depends on your budget.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘On-One Carbon 456 or Ragley Blue Pig’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts