• This topic has 37 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by CHB.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • On One and the endless emails
  • mbl1
    Free Member

I am nearing the limit of my patience.

Going back a few months they used to have some half decent MTB bargains. I picked up some of the 29er Rebas for example courtesy of one of their emails.

But of late I just get endless emails about road bikes. I’ve never bought a single road bike type product from them! I think they need to ease off a bit…it looks desperate.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Marketing, innit? 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

unsubscribe?

househusband

Unsubscribe then..?

mbl1
    Free Member

I was tempted. But their superb deals of old sold quickly and I don’t want to miss out. Tis a tough one.

donsimon
    Free Member

On One who?

brant
    Free Member

It’s a tricky one for sure. There is a huge amount of cross over between our road and mountain bike customers, but I completely understand your point.

Noted. Thinking.

mbl1
    Free Member

Its probably about time you started to just give those shades and bottles and inner tubes away too. I shall not unsubscribe for the time being 😉

brant
    Free Member

I’m told it’s a mountain bike offer tomorrow ! 🙂

mbl1
    Free Member

with free shades, water bottle and inner tubes?

RustySpanner

Bit random, but any chance of getting some cheap San Marco Rolls saddles back in stock?

I do like a bargain.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Revelations, tapered, RCT3, dual position, 20mm for 50p please

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Boo hoo. I get a million mails a day letting me know what IT jobs there are in my area. I stopped looking for a new job 18 months ago as I got settled into something I enjoy.

Must remember to find a recruitment forum and complain about said mails…

frazered
    Free Member

i don’t mind the emails too much – some good deals on the tubes overall – they are roadie specific much of late

do some monster deals on the c456 and I may buy something..!

maccruiskeen

with free shades, water bottle and inner tubes?

I hope they’ve not run out of hawaiian shirts 🙂

kanza
    Free Member

Mark as Spam.

convert

It’s a tricky one for sure. There is a huge amount of cross over between our road and mountain bike customers, but I completely understand your point.

Noted. Thinking.

Back a few years I think I practically paid Dave’s mortgage single handed and I’m certainly a cross over customer so I’m probably considered a friendly but you are over doing it now. At least an email a day and sometimes two means I normally press delete before I’ve read it or even skimmed it. More than once a week starts to feel like harassment and the mouse starts to hover over the unsubscribe button.

wrecker
    Free Member

Too much roadie stuff. Exactly why I unsubscribed.
    They should really have a system where you can only receive offers and information based on your interests.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Yep, thats why I keep getting willy enlargement mails (not from On-One I may add).

MrOvershoot

frazered – Member

do some monster deals on the c456 and I may buy something..!

That was during the Jubilee weekend IIRC

Anyway I think I get 4 emails for every offer probably due to having many accounts 😳

sefton
    Free Member

no its all good having a mix.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I have to say that I don’t mind. It does keep tempting me to buy a stealth though. hmmm…..

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

on the subscribe form have a pull down option thingie with MTB, ROAD or BOTH.

Carpet bomb with marketing material accordingly.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

You all wouldn’t be complaining if it was Anne Summers Emailing you everyday with offers.

I don’t tis great 😆

njee20
    Free Member

Have to say I don’t mind, find them less annoying than CRC, the On One offers are invariably interesting.

Today’s “buy a Stealth and get some free carbon wheels” is very tempting too.

Although it’s got a footnote about Mayhem, bit late…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

You all wouldn’t be complaining if it was Anne Summers Emailing you everyday with offers.

They do.

miketually
    Free Member

Once a day is pretty standard for opt-in marketing emails. The Amazon ones are scary as they use your Amazon browsing history to target you specifically; I just got an email about pencils.

Andy

brant – Member

I’m told it’s a mountain bike offer tomorrow !

yup Carbon Forks at full price. Have now unsubscribed 😡

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I unsubscribed and gave the reason as excessive emails. Have done the same for CRC and Wiggle. Got fed up with going away for a few days and coming home to hundreds of marketing emails. If I want something I’ll come and look for it thanks!

nuke

Don’t mind the ones from Charlie the Bikemonger; he doesn’t send them that often and they normally have something a little different like the King cage tool pouch or the leg shields in the last email.

damo2576
    Free Member

The problem is anyone with an ecommerce site quickly realises the correlation between marketing emails/newsletters and revenue. Temptation is then to overuse but then then leads to a fall off in return that is hard to reverse.

No idea on the frequency of On-One emails – but my guess is they really do drive sales.

mbl1
    Free Member

Just got todays. Still too much roady stuff, and no free cheap shades or bottles.

Its a good idea to split between road and mtb. I have zero interest in road stuff, yet mtb stuff always interests me to some degree.

charliedontsurf

Cheers NUKE.
    DAMO2576… You are bang on the money there. It works, and costs almost nothing. Results are instant and easily measured. In marketing terms it’s a no brainer.

My old job was in marketing, but now it’s my own business that I market, and I know that emails with no interest are a waste of time, and will make your unsubscribe list grow pretty damned quickly. I don’t email unless I have something interesting, something bargainy, or a VAT bill to settle 🙂

Wiggle ran some bloke blogging related email campaign. I guess they wanted to show their human side? But I found it insincere and boring. I really don’t give a f*** about his Thursday night road ride etc

Next weeks bikemong email has “man pouches” , a new sticker, and some discounted Indy hoodies.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Mountain bike stuff tomorrow eh, too bad I unsubscribed.

When I need something, I might take a look though, then again, I might not.

convert

In the 2 weeks since this thread last was kicking around I finally got fed up of the too frequent emails and pressed the unsubscribe button. That ends more years of being marketed to by Dave and co than I care to remember. Just too frequent for me to be bothered to read.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Me too. Waaaaaaay too many emails.

MrOvershoot

Seeing as 1 of the email addys is my work one I’m staying in… Its better than the raft of corporate shite I get 😀

CHB

Even for an onone/PX fan like me, the daily emails are a pain.
    Once a week is tolerable. Once a fortnight is nice. Once a day is a pain in the backside.
    I appreciate its probably someones fulltime job, but a nice email every week is better than been nattered several times a week to buy an innertube and a roadie saddle.

Would appreciate the email if its a genuine limited offer and you want to give subscribers the heads up on the website, but most of the emails are run of the mill on-one bargains, not one of Daves…must clear stock NOW emails.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘On One and the endless emails’ is closed to new replies.