Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • On One and SOS socks sizing
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

I’m a size 8-8.5 in shoes/trainers, can anyone comment of the On One thicky merino and SOS socks please?

PMK2060

I would say they are true to size. I am size 10 and went with large. Not sure why but I have found that the Planet X socks wash better than the on one socks.

nuke

I was searching for same yesterday. Found this for sos…
    http://www.sossocks.com/category-s/356.htm

Be interested on px sizing advice though as at eur43 im between sizes

jamiep
    Free Member

I have only had the PX and O-O thicky socks, which only come in s/m and l/xl; no experience of the SOS ones. I’m only size 7 (eur41) and the s/m PX/O-O fit me perfectly – you should probably go for the l/xl

Goldigger
    Free Member

Balls, don’t have the thicky ones I like in a l/xl!!
    How thick are the SOS Merino wool socks? are they more a summer than a winter sock?

eulach

Size 8 definetly definetely definetley without a doubt, Large On One. But still don’t wash them.

Goldigger
    Free Member

What happens when you wash them?
    They smell worse? 😀

devash
    Free Member

Because they’re a Merino wool blend, only wash them with non-bio detergent as the bio stuff will likely dissolve them.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I have the thick and thin wool socks. They both true to size out of the packet. Thick ones are just fine in with everything else at 40deg. The thin ones whilst being really lovely socks out the packet, objected to 40 degrees on their first wash and shrunk to a lovely snug size 8 or so. I stretched them back out again but now even though they only ever go in 30degree wool cycle with other wool stuff they still come out looking like my childrens’ socks. No wonder they were so cheap!
    I have 2 pairs of sos wool socks (more like the thinnys innterms of thickness/warmth) and they are great though, seem to get fluffier after the first couple of washed (in a good way!) and stay the same size, these also are true to size.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

I got on one thinnies and plant x thickies. Both wash fine at 30 in a normal wash with the rest of my gear and have lasted fine. The thinnies wear quickly on the ball and heel but other than that they’re both dead good

antigee

got a pack of the thinnies as an add on to an order – wish I’d bought a few packs – fantastic socks, UK8 = medium good fit for me – washed with all the other stuff at 30degs non bio

brianp
    Free Member

I am 8 1/2 shoe size and the L/Xl thicky merino socks fit perfectly. Best socks ever.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘On One and SOS socks sizing’ is closed to new replies.