Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • on one alfine hub
  • sc-xc

So. Just got the bike. It would be great if they included some instructions. Have not got a clue.

andyl
    Free Member

check out the shimano tech docs. All the instructions are on there.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sc-xc

I have the tech sheets. Nothing, in any language about how to fit the **** wheel. Pages about how to attach it to the hub etc.

andyl
    Free Member

hmm, alfine 8 instructions but not 11: http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/SI/Alfine/SGS500/35Z0C-001_SG-S500-EN_v1_m56577569830613357.pdf

any use?

ah here is the 11: http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/SI/SI_37R0A/SI-37R0A-001-ENG_v1_m56577569830713437.pdf

but is this what you have? Should be everything you need there. It can’t be that hard.

walleater

What part don’t you understand? It’ll only physically go in one way assuming they’ve given you the correct tabbed spacer things. Hooking the cable up can be a bit of a pain, but the nut needs to be on the side away from the hub.

sc-xc

Cheers. I have that, but it doesn’t say how/where to put the cable from the shifter. On-One have done all the techy stuff, buut I have no idea how to put the thing together.

EDIT – walleater…I don’t even understand it. Should the little arm thing be parallel with the chain stay?

sc-xc

I appear to not have enough cable to reach round to the little hole to put the nut in.

andyl
    Free Member

it shows you where to the put the cable.

edit: do you have the shifter in the correct setting? ie might need to be in the 1st or the 11th and have you followed everything on the sheet?

walleater

Yeah, the arm normally runs along the chainstay. You’ll also need to put the shifter into the gear that leaves the longest section of cable exposed, and also pull the sprung loaded ‘gear cable holder thing’ towards the front of the bike.

sc-xc

It says put it in 4. That’s no where near long enough, so I want all the way down to give me more length…I can get the nut in the hole if I don’t wrap it round the guides, but it won’t stretch if I try to do it properly.

You’d think they’d supply an idiot sheet.

sc-xc

Cheers walleater. teh arm is pointing up the seat stay (that’s where the wire comes from). The nuts only allow me to put in that way, although everything on the net seems to have it running along the chain stay.

sc-xc

I am going to smash it up. With a hammer.

trail_rat
    Free Member

the slot moves – you need to pull the cable holder round.

tbh if you have not fitted one of these before – and it sounds like you havnt , find someone local that has. there are a few different all acceptable ways to fit them and knowing what you can and cant get away with is the key.

andyl
    Free Member

did on one build it up and take it apart before shipping? If not is the outer actually cut to he correct length?

Where does it say set to 4? Do you have the first link I posted open?

scruff
    Free Member

Good Morning Will.

singlespeedstu

Tom.

Drop round with it if you’re stuck.

sc-xc

Right. I have got the cable on the hub. Now I need to fit the bloody mudguards. There doesn’t appear to be a hole on the bridge. I haven’t even started on the rack yet.

Stu – off down the pub in a bit….if you’re there I’ll pick your brains… 🙂

singlespeedstu

No pub for us until later.

I need to do family stuff first. 😐

If your still there though i’ll point you in the right direction. 🙂

sc-xc

OK mate. If not, I’ll catch you at some point over the festive period….

You know me though, always relish a mechanical challenge…

druidh
    Free Member

And they say the age of the LBS has passed…..

boblo
    Free Member

Oh dear, you’ll probably have to take the wheel out again to get the guards on…. 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘on one alfine hub’ is closed to new replies.