Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • On One 900 lumen light ?
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

special offer £140 for first 200:

richc
    Free Member

£200 for the full kit, and for that much money I reckon I would get the troutlight 😉

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Have they recycled a Grolsch(sp) bottle top? Whats is that metal thing on the top?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    richc
    Free Member

looks like a clip to hold the light in, as the housing seems to be a circular channel with a slice out of it. The clips squashes the whole lot together and grips the light.

Looks like a neat way to do it.

FuzzyWuzzy

I like the idea of a light with an adjustable beam but even for the introductory price it's not exactly a bargain. I can't see them selling many at £299…

catnash
    Free Member

I like the look of them, wont be long before I'm in the market for a set of LED's I had lumicycle system 3's last year, want them again but on a budget at the mo, so either these or trouts or system 3's again..

lowey

I cant really see why anyone would buy that over the DX light.

If it were me I'd either get a DX or save and get one of trouties masterpieces.

I had lumicycle system 3's last year, want them again

Do you sell your lights in the Summer cat? 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

The first question that springs to mind is warranty back up, they're not exactly a throwaway price.

Jamie
    Free Member

Last year I bought one of the SL2s for £100 pre order as i night ride infrequently. Looks like this year this may serve a similar purpose as would rather have a Trout light but it will be £200+ with charger etc.

…or just go for DX torches.

richc
    Free Member

on-one warranty is pretty good, so I wouldn't worry about that.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

richc – Member

on-one warranty is pretty good, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Agreed it is, but these are not manufactured by on-one or a well known company (like Exposure or Lumi for example) where will people stand a few months down the line if they fail to work, how will the light be fixed or even replaced (I'm guessing these are a job lot purchase).

catnash
    Free Member

Artist, Yeah, just needed to finish my car loan so they went. Hey I've sent my e150 to Neil at TF Tuned for a yearly service so money doesnt stay in my account…

From what I read of these about 280 for a pair, I want one on top and one on the bars.

MrAgreeable

As TJ always points out, your warranty is with the vendor, not the manufacturer.

£140 for a 900-lumen light that isn't made by child labour sounds pretty good to me. At full price they have a lot more competition though.

oldgit
    Free Member

KINGTUT
    Exactly, that's where I am now with my Niteflux Photon Max LEDs. They seem to be going over in Oz, but seemed to have pulled out of old blighty leaving me high and dry not to mention in the dark!
    Luckilly I still have my Joystick that's still running and has had a harder life, and my LBS leant me some Hope lights so I can keep on riding.

Nitefux, please return my mails………

KINGTUT
    Free Member

As TJ always points out, your warranty is with the vendor, not the manufacturer.

Indeed it is, so what happens when it goes wrong?

As with a lot of on-one deals these may be a job lot purchase, which is fine but lights have a bastard tendency to stop working so for that kind of money I'd want a shit hot back up (that's why I personally chose Exposure).

From what I can tell LUU lights are in there infancy, as there is little on the web about them.

LUU Lights

Stevoisonone
    Free Member

Gosh, you guy's found out about this quickly 🙂 They are starting to sell
    http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Luu_LED_Lighting.html
    We have tested these Luu LEDs for a while… We have ridden with them and have been impressed with the multi-function features…
    Some samples have gone to the Mag's…but if you want to ask questions we have a tech/news slot
    http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/?p=3019
    Cheers Stevo

grumm
    Free Member

Mr A what makes you think it isn't made by child labour?

MrAgreeable

I'll try again. Your warranty is with the selling stuff guy, not the making stuff guy. 🙂

MrAgreeable

Mr A what makes you think it isn't made by child labour?

It looks a bit bulky for their ickle manacled hands. 🙂

vinnyeh

the eagle eyed amongst you will have noticed LUU are producing lights for one other high profile company but our direct sell model means our pricing is around 40% less, so that means one thing

typical self effacing on-one marketing…

The market at the £200 price point is very comeptitive this year.
    There's not going to be much need to go to the likes of Hope/Exposure/Lumi/Lupine is there?

Are lights still a growth market really?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

As mr Agreeable says – if it stops working in a short time and cannot be repaired or replaced then you get your money back from the retailer ( possibly minus an amount for the use you have had)

I have never heard of any issues with on one not honouring their obligations

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I'll try again. Your warranty is with the selling stuff guy, not the making stuff guy.

And I'll try again..

Warranties ain't worth shit If they can't be backed up by the manufacturer, a refund isn't always ideal.

montylikesbeer

I think the spring clippy thing is to release the unit to enable the inter changeable lenses to be swapped over and thus keep a good IP rating.

Nah not for me, bring on my trout light!!!!!!!

Edit:

The clip has nothing to do with the lens me thinks from having a look as the web site

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Just to make it clear I'm not having a dig at on-one they have always been tip top with me, I have the same thought with a lot of these lights eg. how are people getting on with Ay-up warranties for example now they are Aussie based only.

trout
    Free Member

If it is owt like the light from another high profile co it should be OK

looks good in the pics and the aa pack is a neat idea

not sure about the plastic jacket for the heat though will that be for strength when you add the weight of the aa pack and what is the clip on top for

would nt mind a look at one

MrAgreeable

With Niteflux the normal warranty chain has gone thoroughly kaput as their UK distributor has also gone AWOL. I had a problem with a lead on my Niteflux halogens and the shop just swapped it with another set they had, they didn't even bother sending it back. I would expect that if Oldgit really kicked up a fuss he could get his money back from the shop, but has his reasons for not doing this.

DaveGr
    Free Member

Looks like some interesting features.
    – interchangeable lens to give flood or spot
    – runs off Li-ion but also has a back up AA battery pack which looks like it'll give an hour extra run time as an emergency back up

Seems an OK price @ £140 for the basic light but will be interesting to see the beam shots as it looks like one lens in front of the 4 LED's

some techie stuff on the On One web site.

DaveGr
    Free Member

Oh, and I wonder if they'll give Trout one to dissect as the STW independent light reviewer …..

daveplanetx
    Free Member

Of course well send one to Trout , though I believe hes already had a poke around at the LUU light in a slighty rebranded / modified version .

Anyway Trout , mail me your details and I will gladly pop you the one Stevo has been testing in the post .

I know Paul Smith has been testing one of the Luu lights and it should be coming up in what mtb soon , he seemed pretty impressed when I bumped into him at Eurobike , and Paul definitely knows his lights .

Stevoisonone
    Free Member

Yoda – The P7 LED has 4x LED chips manufactured onto LED "emitter" package. The Big LED players Cree & Osram are also doing this, however the makers of the P7 LED chip have been doing this for a few years. Having 1x LED chip means that Luu could use the genius system of replaceable lenses etc, making this LED very versatile…

CountZero

I've got two P7 lights, one with replacable batteries, neither cost more than £50. For this money I'm buying a light with 2000 lumens, thank you.

devs
    Free Member

Shame about Niteflux. I still think the Photon Max is the best helmet light I have seen BUT mine died and after 7 weeks of no news I just got the retailer to give me a refund.
    LUU light looks nice but as others have said, you could get nearly 3 DX lights for the same price and it's the same 900 lumen P7 after all.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I bouhgt 1000 lumens over a year ago for £50, blinded myself, and wen't back to a 250 spot. Only use 500 when I fel guilty for buying them.

Hopefully they'll last a few more years then I'll treat myself to something troutie'esqu that looks like a car headlamp on my head to get the same brightness over a wider area 🙂

johnners
    Free Member

Gosh, you guy's found out about this quickly

I wonder how? Could it be related to the 6 emails in 48 hours I've had about this from the PlanetX/On-One conglomerate?

AndyP
    Free Member

agreed. Bought one of the SL1s as a backup light when they were on pre-order t'other year, had some problems with it – returned to On-One, replacement with me next day.
    Unfortunately that was shite too, but got a rather fantastic SL2 sent to me instead. Bravo chaps.

Zone
    Free Member

How does this compare against the Nuke proof 900 light?

http://www.shedfire.com/2009/09/08/nuke-proof-reactor-lights/

Jamie
    Free Member

johnners:

I wonder how? Could it be related to the 6 emails in 48 hours I've had about this from the PlanetX/On-One conglomerate?

*chuckles*

jim
    Free Member

eg. how are people getting on with Ay-up warranties for example now they are Aussie based only.

My mains adapter for the charger failed, I emailed them about it and they sent me a new one, so no problems here so far.

mavisto
    Free Member

Would love one of Trout's but when I'm not sure how much night riding I'm going to do, I think it might have be the DX to begin with.

At the moment, I also spend more time on the road, so Trout's 'Close Encounters' set-up, might just be overkill.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘On One 900 lumen light ?’ is closed to new replies.