Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • *On One + 5mm Headset* Help needed…………anyone?
  • moniex
    Free Member

I have a kenisis phase 5 frame and am trying to fit some old (2006) fox floats. The knobs of the forks hit the downtube, so I ordered a Headset from on one with a deeper bottom cup to sort this (+5mm).

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HSOOSR/on-one-smoothie-regular-headset

Now the problem is, I don’t know if they sent me the correct one. The bottom cup is supposed to have a stack height of 20.1mm, I don’t think this one has. How do I measure this?

The headset i received look like it would be no better than the sunline v2 currently fitted…

I don’t want to fit it and try as I won’t be able to return it ans I can’t ring them till tuesday now…

Any help/suggestions much appreciated!

Really want to get my sons bike built now.

Thanks guys!
    Simone

sambob
    Free Member

Use a ruler to measure it?

moniex
    Free Member

did that, not sure where to measure from? piccy attached. Also the bottom cup seems incomplete compared to the picture in on the on one site (and compared to the one fitted to the frame). Sorry to sound all blond, just don’t really fit headsets that much.. (just make cake lol)

Maybe the pics will help!

THX

trail_rat
    Free Member

pics dont work but isnt the on one +5 headset made up in the crown race ?

moniex
    Free Member

maybe this worked, not having a good day!

moniex
    Free Member

…maybe they have not sent me everything then, piccy now working.

I know chris king to a crown race +5…

deus

you see the “step”, between the biggest bit with “on-one” written on it and the thinnest bit, which will go into the headtube, that should be 5mm high, if it is then you’ve got the right one, if it isn’t then you haven’t.

That’s the +5mm bit as it moves the “on-one” bit 5mm further from the frame.

moniex
    Free Member

The two bits in the picture are all i have for the bottom cup, there is not thinnest bit like on the pic on the site (and my current headset)…

Is there something missing?

The silver bit is 5mm high, bit fits in the cup and just sits flush in the bottom cup like on the 1st picture….. so doesn’t really help

still comfused….

🙁

trail_rat
    Free Member

i see the pics now – that bottom cup is 20.1mm from where it touches the frame to the fork

deus

the silver bit is the bottom race.

float
    Free Member

from what dues said, and looking at the pics you posted, its looks like you got the right thing.

moniex
    Free Member

I had a go at fitting it and yes I think it is the +5 headset. Sadly it still does not cure the problem of the forks touching the frame :(. Also my mate who fitted it is not convinced i have the complete headset. The one on the site looks like this:

I don’t seems to have the bottom ring in the picture. . . Having that should probably give me enought height…

Maybe just be patient and ring them on tues..

Mmmmmm patience, not my strong point!

Cheers for your help so far guys!
    simone

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘*On One + 5mm Headset* Help needed…………anyone?’ is closed to new replies.