Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • On One
  • lovetoride
    Free Member

Are they worth considering, thinking 456evo. Comparable quality to Bfe, PA, Surge etc or is it a case of you get what you pay for?!

ads678

Reckon they’re bloody great for the price, but i’ve never had any of the others you mention!!

docrobster
    Free Member

Can’t be beaten for the money.
    Had a 456 summer season that cost £125 new
    Replaced it with a £295 PA in 853 which is much nicer but so it should be for twice the price.
    Bit heavy maybe but great geometry.

Duffer
    Free Member

Can’t really be beaten for the money.

Buy an Inbred. Or 456. Or both. Just make sure it’s steel.

You’ll not be disappointed.

lovetoride
    Free Member

What was the difference in ride between the 456 and PA?

HermanShake
    Free Member

If you’re considering a 456 and a PA, may I add some confusion by suggesting a Ragley?

I had 2 PAs (mk2 followed by mk1 after I missed it) and have spent a bit of time on a friend’s 456. The PA feels better to me (solid but comfy). Now I’m on a Blue Pig X and it’s distinctly above the others; lots of features combined with a pretty slack HA and versatile head and seat tubes. The more affordable Blue Pig is bound to be similarly splendid or even a Piglet if you don’t need loads of fork. The back end is more compliant than the 456 or PA but yet it feels more stable from the seat tube forward.

I have an adjustable 150mm Rev in the front, had 140 in the PAs. All with droppers and 2×9.

Keep your eyes peeled for a 2nd hand complete (try the wanted section?) or frame only. This counts for whichever you go for as you can get a better spec for your cash.

Nothing wrong with a 456, but some steel is a bit more real.

carlphillips
    Free Member

i had a 456, sold it for a PA thinking it would be ace…I rode that twice and went and bought another 456 as it felt much bettererer…

Northwind

Finish quality of my C456 was terrible and the warranty support nonexistant, which is a shame as it was a nice bike to ride. You do get what you pay for sometimes. My Scandal was good though and ace value.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Had a 456, didn’t really like it. Got a BFe now and love it. The 456 felt dead and uninvolving, more like a long travel xc bike. The BFe is a lout, it encourages you to ride faster and get lairy. It is so versatile and can turn itself to everything I have thrown at it, from all day in the peak to Birmingham BMX track.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Bit flexy at the BB for me. Bfe much more taught.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘On One’ is closed to new replies.