Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • On-one 456 vs Summer Season vs Ragley Blue Pig geometry
  • s-keeper

Ok so I know this has been done to death but I’ve searched all the forums and am getting conflicting information over geometries that can be compared between the two brands. From the websites, for 140mm UNSAGGED forks (purely for comparison’s sake) on a 16″ frame, I get:

456: 69.5 degree head angle, 73 degree seat angle, 23″ effective top tube
    456 SS: 67.5 degree head angle, 73 degree seat angle, 23″ effective top tube
    Blue Pig: 65.6 degree head angle, 71.1 degree seat angle, 23.3″ effective top tube

Is this right? I thought the Blue Pig was supposed to have steeper seat angle for more forward position?

Also, has anyone measured their 16″ 456 for reach and stack at unsagged 140mm, to compare with Ragley’s?

All the best,
    Andy

ahwiles
    Free Member

my 18″ inbred has a reach of about 430mm – i got the 20″ pig to get the same reach.

ragley bikes are a bit less reachy for the ‘same’ size.

well, that’s what i came up with on my bikes…

s-keeper

ahh, thanks. So Ragleys have less reach when standing but are more stretched out when sitting…

…except they arnt more stretched as Ragley recommend 10mm less stem than On-One.

ok i think i got it!

brant
    Free Member

If those are the correct geometry figures for the on-ones, then they have changed a lot since I was there.

And they keep saying they haven’t changed since I was there.

So something’s wrong somewhere 🙂

Seamus
    Free Member

Those figures for the 456 and SS are for a 120mm fully extended fork according to the on-one website. They ride great whatever the angles are.

s-keeper

Indeed, something is wrong!

Search for “Geometry based on fully extended 140mm fork” on google and you’ll see that its been changed to 120mm _very_ recently. 🙂

accu
    Free Member

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=7257316

angles were estimated ..???….mmmhhh

_tom_
    Free Member

I thought the Blue Pig had a 74 degree seat angle.

brant
    Free Member

I thought the Blue Pig had a 74 degree seat angle.

The 20in one does, at ride height.

18in is 73.5deg

16in is 73deg.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘On-one 456 vs Summer Season vs Ragley Blue Pig geometry’ is closed to new replies.