Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • On One 456 vs 456 Evo(2)
  • rockfall72
    Free Member

Hi

Anybody out there gone from a standard 456 to an Evo or Evo2 that give a direct comparison and advise on th benefits of the newer frames. Thinking of updating my 456 (which rocks), so looking for a real world comparison between the two.
    Thanks

dannyh
    Free Member

Can’t help much with the comparison, but never pass up the opportunity to say how much I love my evo 2.

I went from an alu hardtail to the evo 2 and I have definitely noticed the extra ‘steel-feel’. As the original evo was reknowned for being quite rigid, this might suggest that there is a noticeable difference between the evo and evo2?

In terms of stability and sheer descending confidence, the evo 2 is a mile away from my old bike. It also climbs well due to the long top tube. Really tight twisty stuff is where it might be viewed as more difficult to handle, but a bit of over-exaggerated turning out then in is a fair trade-off for the extra attitude. You knew all this anyway, though!

It’s a nice dilemma to be having whatever.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I asked Brant something similar about a C456 when the evo appeared. His response was stick an angleset in it an you wont notice much difference, I guess the same would apply to a standard 456.

woody2000

I went from 456 to 456 Evo. I feel the Evo climbs a bit better, definitely feels less wandery & it just seems to feel more stable in general. Now, how much if this is down to componentry, geometry or just “emperor’s new clothes” I can’t say!

I had a 456 with 140mm Fox floats, shortish low rise stem and wideish low rise bars; Evo has 150mm Revs, slightly shorter flat stem and ever so slightly wider low rise bars. Same size frame (16″). So the difference may just be the components 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘On One 456 vs 456 Evo(2)’ is closed to new replies.