Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • On One 456 or Ragley Blue Pig?
  • Josef
    Free Member

I'm looking at building up a bike around my existing components and trying to decide between the On One 456 or Ragley Blue Pig frame. Bearing in mind I have 120mm travel forks I'm swaying towards the 456 as it's right at the bottom end of recommendations for fork travel on the Blue Pig.

Anyone here running 120mm travel forks on either of these? Any opinions/advice will be much appreciated.

alexpalacefan

Got a TALAS that I run almost exclusively at 120 on a 456. Seems about the perfect length to me.

Great bike,

APF

cynic-al
    Free Member

Why not look at what your riding is, choose apprpriate farme & change forks if nec later?

firestarter
    Free Member

wait for the piglet ?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

120 on a 456 is fine. I run/ran my Pikes on that most of the time.

Ragley is slacker – that's the main difference. Too slow steering for my liking.

wors

I wound my forkd down to 85mm once, dunno why. Another vote for the piglet.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I've only got 100mm forks at mo, so interested too.
    PS anyone seen a 100/120mm fork with a 1.5 steerer?

firestarter
    Free Member

i have 130mm on my blue pig but they are the same a to c as the 140mm floats i had on it first so that prob doesnt help as it feels the same , apart from the new forks are much stiffer

Josef
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice. Will take a look at the Piglet but definitely leaning towards the 456 as a good all round frame. Thinking 20in as I'm 6'3 – assuming the 18in would be too small?

Everywhen
    Free Member

120's on my 18" 456. I like it a lot.

ahwiles
    Free Member

right, here's what to do:

buy a standard inbred (non 456), if you can still get them in your size (20").

it's got the same geometry as the 456 (more or less), but a little bit lighter.

this is your last chance to buy a standard skinny inbred, when they're gone, they're gone.

ride it, but take care of it, and in a years time sell it for £50 profit, and buy a piglet.

(or keep it, the standard skinny inbred is a lovely bike, and not what you'd call 'fragile' – there's good reason* to argue that the standard inbred will cope very well with 120mm forks)

(*people have been doing it without problems for years, it's only the new CEN regs that mean on-one have to advise the 100mm limit)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘On One 456 or Ragley Blue Pig?’ is closed to new replies.