Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • On one 456 – Matt frame patina
  • camerph
    Free Member

Looking at buying a 456 Evo 2 frame in the new future but not sure if I could live with the Matt raw frame.

Has anyone got one and how bad does it rust or is it more like a nice patina.

I see there is a limited edition coming out mid march but can’t see any mention of what colour this would be. I have emailed them but had no response.

Any photos of rust etc would be appreciated.

Cheers

iolo
    Free Member

Have a look in search. It’s been done once ir twice.

camerph
    Free Member

I did try but the search function is rubbish

dannyh
    Free Member

I’m of exactly the same opinion, so I got the painted one!

camerph
    Free Member

I also don’t like the paprika colour which is a bugger.

steezysix
    Free Member

If it’s anything like my Kona Steely that I had stripped and coated, it’ll give it a nice “aged” look rather than something that’s been left out in the rain for months. Doesn’t happen right away either, mine’s only started to show a few spots after the winter months (which haven’t exactly been dry!). I guess it depends if you like to have something that unique looking or not.

camerph
    Free Member

I suppose I could always get it lacquered so you can see the welds but won’t rust.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

The ltd edition is yellow by the way.

camerph
    Free Member

Great. Not much use either.

Kunstler

The raw finish is laquered. I like mine. As a finish that is – overall, our relationship is complicated but that’s another story. Look hasn’t changed in the three months I’ve had it. The frame came with a small rust spot which was a result of the laquer not covering completely (sold at discount because of it) but I’m not bothered by it at all. It doesn’t look much like my wok.

barffy
    Free Member

Mine has started to age nicely over the last 12 months or so. It doesn’t turn into brown scabby poo, just the metal under the finish darkens.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘On one 456 – Matt frame patina’ is closed to new replies.