Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • On One 456 for a fun 120mm HT build or something else?
  • devash
    Free Member

Having just made a few major upgrades on my full sus I seem to have a few spare parts (wheelset, forks, bars, misc bits) lying around waiting to be built up into something. Having ridden a friend’s 1×10 Whyte 19 build recently I wouldn’t mind building up a 120mm travel hardtail with 42t One Up on the rear duty and a 32t narrow wide on the front.

I’ve been looking at the On One Inbred or 456 Evo frame and both seem good options for a 120mm build, although the general consensus seems to be that the 456 would be the better bike for trail duties/ hour blasts round local singletrack which the bike would be used for. I had considered a Cotic Soul but that would stretch the budget.

A Ragley frame could also be another potential as they come in around the same price as a 456 frame.

Recommendations and experiences please Singletrackers. 😉

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Do it! You’ve got nothing to lose and the 456 is ideal for what you’re after. I’ve had a couple of Inbreds and about 4x 456 frames over the years – and preferred the latter. I still keep looking at them and thinking there should be a place in the garage for (another) one.

They were all parts bin bikes and apart from being a little on the stiff side at the rear (though I probably rode with too much pressure in the tyres, bad habit I need to sort) were more fun than they should be for the cash.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘On One 456 for a fun 120mm HT build or something else?’ is closed to new replies.