Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • On one 456 evo sizing
  • rab5474
    Free Member

I’m contemplating a 456 but read somewhere that they size quite big so not sure what size to go for. I’m stuck between 16″ and 18″. I’m 5.10 and my mega AM is a med with quite a bit of seatpost showing and a 50mm stem. Whats peoples experiences

Cheers
    Rab

PiknMix
    Free Member

I ride a 18″ evo II with a 70mm stem and it’s perfect for me at 6″2 with a 30″ inside leg.

rab5474
    Free Member

So 16 for me seems about right

akira

About 5’8″ and I’m on a 16″ seems good to me as tt is long. I’d get an 18″ and put a 40mm stem on it if I were you, you will have a lot of post showing.

breadcrumb

I asked this very question not so long ago. I’m 5’9″ish, with a 31″ leg. Went for a 16″ as the tt was closest to my other bikes.

I was concerned about too much post showing but a 18″ would of been too long.

I doubt I could of run a 125mm a Reverb either on the larger frame.

johnnywhitesox
    Free Member

5′ 9″ with a 16″ frame. 80mm stem and around 200mm of seat choob exposed. 130 revs. Spot on for me

rab5474
    Free Member

I plan on running a 125mm reverb i guess i will have to get the tape measure out to make sure that would fit with an 18

breadcrumb

I have just enough room for a Crud Raceguard with my 16″ + Reverb.

endurogangster
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 and have 18″ ti 456 evo, seems a good size for General hardtail duties

gonetothehills
    Free Member

If it helps, I’m 5′ 11″ with 31″ inside leg and have an 18″ 456 Evo 2. Think there’s a 70mm stem on the front and an RSP Dropper post with just a little layback. It rides like a dream.

spicer
    Free Member

5.10″ with an 18″ 456c (not evo). Wouldnt want any smaller, and I like my frames short. It doesnt feel at all long, certainly feels short compared to a friends 18″ blue pig, and quite happy to rag it down steep dh trails without feeling like I’ll go otb

18″ Evo 2 here with 60mm stem. And I am just about 5.11 ish and feel it’s to small ! ( inside leg of 34 long if that helps )
    Don’t go for the 16″ best get 18″ and put a 50/40mm stem like someone said above .

Ps if you fancy to try it you are more than welcome in derby area

carlphillips
    Free Member

5’10 and 16″ here. Wouldn’t want it any bigger

rab5474
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies guys, i think the 18 may be the way to go

dannyh
    Free Member

5’11” here on a 18 inch evo 2 with a 70mm stem and 760mm bars (an important consideration). It fits me perfectly, but I am long in the body, so to speak.

andyl
    Free Member

Not a whole lot in it between the 16 and 18 in TT length.

I would say 18″ with a nice short stem might be best. But my 6ft 2 friend can ride my 16″ okay. The long TT means it fits a wide range of people with just lots of post showing.

deviant
    Free Member

5′ 9″ and rode a 16 inch model, loads of seat post showing though.
    If I was much taller I’d have wished I bought an 18.

Depends what you want it for, I had long forks, short stem and took it on up-lift days so wanted a small frame to move around on, with the saddle dropped I had loads of standover.

walleater

Is the trend in the UK (or STW at least) to ride 14″ frames with 9ft of seatpost showing?

Personally, at 5’11 I’d go with the 18″ with a short stem. I’ve also got short legs so if I was more ‘normal’ I’d still want an 18″ unless I wanted a DJ bike.

andymc06
    Free Member

5’11 with short legs and an 18 fits me well.

steveh

5’8 and an 18 for me, the 16 was too short in the tt.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is the trend in the UK (or STW at least) to ride 14″ frames with 9ft of seatpost showing?

No, the trends going the other way towards larger frames.

But in the specific case of O-O frames, the the 16/18/20 don’t have as much between them in the top tube lengths as other brands, and they were all designed arround long TT’s, long seatposts and short stems, even way back when they had 50-90mm stem lengths, which would still be considered short on XC/trail bikes now. So as long as you can get a seatpost long enough you can get the smallest frame you can get away with.

I’m 6ft and had an 18″ 456, still think it was my best all round bike ever.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘On one 456 evo sizing’ is closed to new replies.