Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • On One 456
  • MS
    Free Member

How heavy is it?

I think I am almost certain of it, but just wondered how heavy it is. Building it up with revelations, slx kitted out, hope/mavic 717 wheels. How heavy will that make it?

Cheers

richc
    Free Member

frames is 5.5lb isn’t it, so I would expect the fully built up bike with that kit to be around 28->30 lbs. Depending on what tyres, post, bars etc you end up with.

If you are worried about weight, it might not be the best frame for you, as it will build a solid bike thats more about pissing around on, than it is about winning races.

Simon

Mine’s a similar build but with XM321 rims and Vanillas, 16″ frame, comes in a at roughly 30/31lbs.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MS
    Free Member

Hmm, never rally though about it till today. Its not for racing, but more for trail centres and will be my alps bike when I go back out.

Only really though about weight today. Might be a bit heavy considering i race a a scott scale 30. weighs 21 pound. what else would you recomend? Fancy a RM blizzard but there a bit pricey. Any other options?

Ideally want to run 140mm max at front but crank down to 110mm for climbing.

richc
    Free Member

Does it have to be steel? as if it does, pretty much all the frames that can take long forks are around that weight

If it doesn’t and you can wait a bit? the Ragley Ummbop (if the reviews are any good) might be worth a look as it will be over 2lb’s lighter that the 456.

MS
    Free Member

Just though about it, its a fun bike, so i would rather have fun on the downs, so will prob just go for it.

RM Blizzard a 1lb lighter but the whole build im puttin on it is pretty lightish.

Carbon riser, light stem, light seatpost, gobi. so all fairly light stuff.

Plus the idea of the bike is to go a bit slower and have fun, not melt is as i usually do!

richc
    Free Member

You thought about the summer season as well?

Hadge
    Free Member

My Summer Season comes in at spot-on 28lb with no lightweight bits really. Could easily knock a bit off but that would be missing the point. Going to change the rear hub to a Burgtec but won’t much difference

MS
    Free Member

Is the summer season lighter?

I thought it was near enough the same frame but just slightly different geometry?

snowslave

Scales say 31 lbs – heavy lights maybe?

jonb
    Free Member

I have about that setup but I’ve no idea how heavy it is. It’s fine for long rides in my experience. Probably weighs the same as a £2k full susser with the same travel.

I have used it for playing on downhill courses, long rides in the lakes etc and trailcentres. It’s fine.

I’m not sure if I’d go for the standard inbred next time. The slot dropouts appeal for the ability to run singlespeed in winter (ideal if it’s a second bike and I’m sure it would be strong enough for any of my riding, especially if my rims can survice and they are built for xc (717 like you).

snowslave

Yeah, I don’t think weight is the point here, it’s a great fun bike, not a racer.

Brand new 719 rims there – having spanked the heck out of 717’s

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I have a 16″ build almost exactly the same as Simons. AFAICT the only differences are wheels (mine are DT5.1s), Forks (mine are 08 Nixons) and brakes (Mine has Formula Oros) and it weighed 28.6llbs

I recently converted it to single speed and it now weighs in at 26.4lbs.

The 16″ frame itself is 5.06lbs.

Its most certainly a bike for pissing about on.

perks

yeah – I wouldn’t be worrying about the weight – no idea what mine weighs – but it is really agile and has been great on the ups and downs…having the uturn&lockout is good for climbs and roads…fantastic bike, truly fantastic.

but….um – i guess it is for sale – I have three bikes that need consolidating to two for money reasons and this is the one that gets ridden the least…

make me an offer – it might be on the classifieds soon.. 🙁

fatboyslim
    Free Member

Hadge – what size rear rotor do you have on there? Looks more like a DH rotor than a XC rotor.

my 456 summer raw in a 18 inch is in the post, so looking at great interest at these photos!

Hadge
    Free Member

Both rotors are 183mm, always run that size combo

MS
    Free Member

Thanks all!

Noticed only 18″ version left on website, so ordered it, so i am not disapointed when I decide on it then its out of stock!

Won’t be building it for a month tho!

kelvin

Soul : 4.2lbs : 130mm forks : not cheap

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Sold mine and looking at those pics, especially the first one, makes me miss it properly for the first time 🙁
    mine was around 29lbs i think with revs, pro II/xm719 and some crappier parts

evilsovereign
    Free Member

perks

what size is your frame, i need an 18″. i’d be interested in frame forks and headset, for a fair price.
    cheers

PeteG55
    Free Member

Admittedly my build isn’t quite what most 456 owners/brant had in mind, but got mine at 26.3lb. 20″ frame, use a pair of 115mm Reba SLs. Light enough to do the climbs and still a blast back down.

perks

Evilsovereign, send me an email – it is indeed an 18″ …email is in my profile…

Saccades
    Free Member

stuck on the ps3, but look on my post history for a 32lb (E2 class weighed) 456.

the alfine is 1.5 kg and it’s not a light build, but I don’t notice it.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘On One 456’ is closed to new replies.