Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • On One 29ers
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Are they any good? What about the paint work for the inbred? Is better than it used to be?

ivantate
    Free Member

I am also tempting by those new ones they have in with the swop out drop out set up.

Was wondering if they are unreasonably heavy or flexy for an xc machine.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s gonna ride the similarly to the old one, fine.

thomthumb
    Free Member

my scandal is my favourite bike.

dday

Been riding one for about two years now, steel frame ss. Dare I say I have found my bike utopia?

teadrinker
    Free Member

what colour did you go for headsup, can’t decide?

julioflo
    Free Member

How ‘hard’ [for want of better word] do you guys ride your inbred 29ers? e.g steep tech stuff, little bit of air time and drop offs…. And do you feel they are fast enough for the odd xc race duty

ski
    Free Member

How ‘hard’ [for want of better word] do you guys ride your inbred 29ers?

😯

plodtv
    Free Member

Anybody know when the 29er Scandals will be back in stock, and when they will start selling Lurchers?

fatmax

Just bought a Scandal 29er frame and carbon forks in the recent On One sale and currently getting it built up by the Bike Chain in Edinburgh – for XC/winter/Pentlands trails. Bright pink. Looking forward to it.
    Might be tempted by the Inbred 29er for commuting at some stage, with Alfine perhaps…

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Didn’t they have a carbon 29er on their website a while ago, or did I imagine that?

plodtv
    Free Member

Didn’t they have a carbon 29er on their website a while ago, or did I imagine that?

They did paul, but I think the Lurcher is going to be the replacement for it.

fatmax

The new Ti, Carbon Race and Lurcher, and new Scandal 29ers seem to have been in the pipeline for over a year but no news for ages at all. Not sure if they are having huge production problems or not. Shame, as the prototypes I saw looked great.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Nope it was news back in Oct 2010.

On one introduce carbon 29ers….hurry up already

footflaps

Have they stopped using Tipex for paint yet?

Toasty

Absolutely loving my Scandal 29er. It’s one of the newish racing green ones, couple of small paint chips, but nothing too bad. Depends a lot on the colour I think. 😕

Loving the versatility of it, 15 mins and you can swap from a rigid 23lb almost cyclocross speed beast to a 27lb trail bike with beefy tyres and sus.

They did sell a carbon xc 29er, top notch build quality and only in 18″ I think, for quite a hefty sum. The Lurcher is due to be more in line with the Whippet, so slightly more sensible price and a full size range.

plodtv
    Free Member

I just heard on facebook, mid october for lurcher and new scandal 29er

teadrinker
    Free Member

Ordered the green one with some white Reba’s. Pics soon when it’s built.

Toasty

They said April/May at the start of the year, so I wouldn’t hold your breathe 😛

teadrinker
    Free Member

Fingers are well and truly crossed!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘On One 29ers’ is closed to new replies.