Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • On-One 29er Carbon Forks – Wheel moving in dropouts?
  • MrTall
    Free Member

I got a rigid Inbred recently and noticed that the wheel always seems to move to one side in the dropouts and when i loosen the QR it moves back to the centre. I'm told there has been another thread about this but i can't find it? Tyre is always noticeably closer to one leg than the other after even a 2 minute ride?

Has this happened to other people?

The wheel is a Halo Freedom but i can't see it being the wheel. It's a bit unnerving as i don't trust that the wheel won't fall out on offroad rides.

Am i just unlucky or is it a design fault – never had this with any other fork? Thoughts appreciated, cheers.

Stoner
    Free Member

not had the problem on mine. Using Superstarcomponents hubs.

markenduro
    Free Member

What make of QR are you using? on my bikes with a qr I will only use shimano

MrTall
    Free Member

Hadn't thougt about changing the QR actually, probably worth a try. Think it's a mavic one in there at the moment but they've always been fine on my other bikes. I have some shimano ones too so i'll swap them over and see if it makes any difference.

bedmaker

Had this on mine and it drove me crackers for a while before I studied it closely and saw what was happening. With the on one hub it came with it was fine bit with a dt onyx it was doing as you describe. Nothing to do with the QR, I tried shimano and On one.
    The end of the hub, the serrated bit, was too large a diameter to fit into the recessed bit on the inside of the dropout(like lawyer tabs but the oo fork has them on the inside)
    The oo hub was fine as it had a smaller diameter end which was square whereas the DT was a bit tapered. I just file a few mm off this taper all the way round and the problem was solved.

MrTall
    Free Member

Thanks Bedmaker – i'll take a look at that tomorrow.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘On-One 29er Carbon Forks – Wheel moving in dropouts?’ is closed to new replies.