Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • On line weather forecasts
  • Harry_the_Spider

I’ve been watching them like a hawk this week (HtN1.5) and have decided that the results for accuracy are as follows.

1st – Metcheck (fairly accurate)
    2nd – The Weather Channel (a bit pessimistic)
    3rd – BBC (errs so far to the cautious side that it is useless)

Do they all get the raw data from the same source then interpret it differently?

Rich
    Free Member

Metoffice.

I have Forecastfox on the bottom of my Firefox browser that shows the next three days, and its always pretty accurate.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Metcheck – owned by a very nasty person

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/news/years-man-groomed-boy-14-rape-abuse/article-484114-detail/article.html

I don’t care how ‘accurate’ it may be – I ain’t gonna use it no more

Rich
    Free Member

orena45

I find Metcheck’s forecast quite often just way off the mark. Us metoffice most of the time now which is more accurate.

bassspine
    Free Member

meteox is pretty interesting. It’s also good for live info for the whole of europe.

I’ve just watched the weather arriving on my pc and checked by looking out the front door. Sad.

I use the firefox met. office gadget too, proper weather forecasts by proper British meteorologists

grumm
    Free Member

I found metcheck better then the metoffice or bbc – mwis is the best though ime, but only for the main mountain areas.

ProfessorMoog
    Free Member

My mate swears by – http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/
    He’s a Pilot, so I trust his judgement.

carw
    Free Member

BBC has been way off; where’s my snow!!!???!!!

Rich
    Free Member

Here is a good one with satellite maps and detailed forecasting, I like it.

soobalias
    Free Member

http://www.metcheck.com/

my fave

met office is better but less user friendly.

CountZero

I’ve used Metcheck for some time now and I’ve always found it pretty accurate, even on the long-range stuff. FizzWeather for the iPhone is pretty good too, plus you can add different cities if you’re going abroad and get updates before you go. A friend was out in Abu Dhabi over the New Year so I had that set up, just to feel jealous, and it gets it’s updates from nearby weather stations, which in my case is RAF Lyneham and Bristol Lulsgate, so it’s up to date.

antigee

posted on this in past (BH – before hacking) and think got told metcheck use different modelling to bbc and met office so is a useful compare – my complaint (like above) is bbc seems to tend to gloom and doom and not explain corrections (ok so the front was 6 hours late, what was probability of that) – and that exludes the warm even if wet and windy is good stuff – someone suggested a sailing/surfing site that seemed pretty good but not so useful if live 70miles inland due to change in pc not found the url though i remember it was cz based

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘On line weather forecasts’ is closed to new replies.