Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • On line route planning
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Who can suggest a on line route planning site with a specific feature.
    I want to plan a route to a fixed distance. Just generally plotting where I want to go is normally fine as it doesn’t matter if the distance is not precise but this time it does.
    It would be useful if I could just pic up a way point , drag it to another road and let the software plan how to get there. Eg turning a direct route into a more winding one. By dragging a WP I can easily try a variation and then reject it. I am usually happy with Bikehike or Ridewith GPS.
    Sorry if it sounds a bit vague. I know what I need but may not be expressing it clearly.

jekkyl

https://www.cyclestreets.net/

click the quietest route option, also includes bridleways so beware if on a road bike.

tthew

Strava Route builder will do that for you. Just make sure you don’t have manual mode turned on and it picks a straightish route between your two points, avoiding major roads. It’s on the + menu where you upload routes from a GPS thingummybob.

mattsccm
    Free Member

I assume I need Strava registration for that, yes? I’ll look.

scotroutes

Does it have to be “online”. I use Garmin Basecamp for exactly what you describe. It is a free download. If you already have maps on a Garmin it’ll use those.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Strava looks useful if only I could find some settings. Why don’t websites use words instead of silly little drawings? Thanks for that tthew.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘On line route planning’ is closed to new replies.