Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • On-line persona of the year awards, 2011
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

My vote, as ever, goes to CFH. He (assumption) never shows the wealth he aspires to, no contact info in profile, no nothing really, just someone who seems to get a bit more admiration than is the sum of his posts.

So who is yours? Let the war begin!

And the first person to say elfin gets it…. 😉

loddrik
    Free Member

Who is CFH?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member
    Elfinsafety
    Free Member

All I’ve got to say on this matter, right, is that if you go on a forum what’s main aim is to help MTBers network for bike rides and stuff, then surely you should be up for meeting up with others? Otherwise, what’s the point?

I’ve met well over wunundred people off here, almost all have bin lovely in Real Life, and some are even proper good friends of mine! There’s people off here whattuv shown incredible kindness, selflessness and altruism. Threads like the recent balance bike one where they made a bike for a young lad, are simply incredible, and very humbling.

I have no real ‘persona’ to hide behind, cos too many people know what I’m actually like! Proper flawed.

I just don’t get insincere, false and charlatanistic behaviour on a social networking forum. Why?

The bigger the lie, the harder it is to keep up the pretence.

One day, right, someone might actually call your bluff.

Preps best to make sure you’ve actually got cards that’re worth playing…

zokes
    Free Member

PMSL @ Fred 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Glad I’ve amused you Zokes. Good to know I’m reaching out across the Globe. 😀

Elfinternational. 8)

Zokes; email me, innit son? 😉

zokes
    Free Member

*Chortles*

derekrides
    Free Member

I think there are too many to single out, of all types, i did start a list initially as a gag then as an aide memoir to remind me who to steer clear of, (left wing cocks etc) CFH did make it onto the good guys bit I note along with 31 others, trouble is you can never remember who made you laugh most and why, so it’s tough to call, easier to highlight the dickheads.. (only 5 of them so far)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don’t think CFH has ever been seen however once one realises he is a pantomime figure then his contributions are amusing and interesting much of the time.

Dark-Side

When I lived in London I met and went riding with CFH on several occasions.

cynic-al
    Free Member

2unfit2ride
    He (assumption) never shows the wealth he aspires to

I don’t know what this means, nor what it’s meant to mean, nor how either could be a positive.

It’s not at all clear his persona is a joke either.

peteimpreza

Dark Side – Member

POSTED 18 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Pictures or it did not happen

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Oh joy, al has piped up

I don’t know what this means, nor what it’s meant to mean, nor how either could be a positive.

It’s not at all clear his persona is a joke either.

What, you don’t understand that the thread is a touch tongue in cheek & bit of a laugh at CFH’s expense? Really? I thought it obvious that I have admiration for the man (and I do) 🙂

Cheers.

Dark-Side

I could show you pics, but I would have to kill you afterwards.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

And the first person to say elfin gets it…

Elfin.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Et tu, Woppit…. 😉

The thing about people who present exaggerated personas is that whenever they are called on it, they tend to go rather quiet. Perhaps because they realise that keeping up the pretence in Real Life is actually impossible.

I mean, if I were to go to meet a group of other STWers for a beer, I’d make sure I actually met them, rather than sit in a corner of a pub on my own, looking over at the group of people who were actually able to introduce themselves to one another, then leave without announcing who I was….

And I’d I’d said I was going to join folk on rides, I might actually turn up once in a while, rather than making excuses about why I coon’t come….

I think the problem is, that some folk have personas that live ‘beyond their means’; the persona is far bigger than the real person. There’s only so much Internet Credit you can rely on. One day you might actually have to meet other people, and ittud be proper embarrassing if they all found out that you aren’t actually who you’ve pretended to be, I’d imagine.

I wonder why people feel the need to present an exaggerated, idealised version of themselves? Insecurity, inadequacy and low self-esteem, perhaps? Here’s who I want to be, who I want others to see me as, rather than who I actually am.

Hey ho. Spose some people need that outlet. Good thing the internet exists, eh?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Many folk project what they want to be on here I have no idea if the Cpt is one of them tbh

I find it sad that some people can only be themselves when anonymous on the internet as their real self is somewhat odious and would be disliked and /or hit a lot in the real world ad they are just full of hate and rage…there are way to many to name of those on here.
    Also those who just want a reaction or to annoy someone for personal thrills…dead easy to do but very sad …I just hope they are mainly youngsters who need to grow up but I doubt it

donsimon
    Free Member

All I’ve got to say on this matter, right, is that if you go on a forum what’s main aim is to help MTBers network for bike rides and stuff, then surely you should be up for meeting up with others? Otherwise, what’s the point?

I once joined a dog forum, you can, of course, imagine my surprise when I discovered that it wasn’t a forum designed to get likeminded people meeting up with others, but was, in fact, about dogs!!!

jon1973
    Free Member

I could show you pics, but I would have to kill you afterwards

It’s OK, I’ve found one of them

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I was disappointed with hora, binners, nbt and Bregante. Nowhere near as sexy as I’d hoped. 😐

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

imagine my surprise when I discovered that it wasn’t a forum designed to get likeminded people meeting up with others, but was, in fact, about dogs!!!

No way??!?! 😮

Incroyable, as they say in Margate….

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I was disappointed with hora, binners, nbt and Bregante. Nowhere near as sexy as I’d hoped.

You’ve just smashed my dreams with one small post 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You’ve just smashed my dreams with one small post

Ah sheet dude. I’m sorry. 🙁

True though. Sad.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think you built yer hopes up rather too much if you expected some Northerners to be ‘sexy’, Bravissimo. 😐

hilldodger
    Free Member

if there was a serial name changer who hid their public schooling with a fake street talk and whose main contribution was their own distorted opinion on life it would be them, no contest…

….good job there’s no-one like that who posts here

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Effin, I was hoping for a gruff, rough’n’ready sexiness…perhaps improving with each passing pint. I possibly could have copped off with nbt as we were headed for home but to be honest, I’d have needed another pint.

if there was a serial name changer who hid their public schooling with a fake street talk and whose main contribution was their own distorted opinion on life it would be them, no contest…

….good job there’s no-one like that who posts here

As ever, I’m the last to spot these posters. 😐

schrickvr6
    Free Member

S’okay DD I can still dream about you…

I agreed with one thing that captaincashfart said on the other thread, besides that he comes across as an odious ****

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Where is the STW clubhouse that you all meet up at?
    Can I come along to the next AGM? I think we need a new committee.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

seconded

konabunny
    Free Member

Many folk project what they want to be on here

If my online persona (a mediocre, snippy pedant) is a projection of what I want to be, then I should just give up now! 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s not just me reading this and shaking my head sadly then?

It’s almost enough to make me do some work.

trailmonkey

if some people find a little catharsis by inventing an online persona then i don’t see a problem in that.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

This is all very interesting, but where’s the “it” that I was supposed to get for nominating Effin?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

@ Woppit, Your it, now chase me big boy! 😉

emma82
    Free Member

I am what I am, and what I am needs no excuses…an all that jazz.

tbf I wouldn’t want to meet CFH, because if he isn’t exactly as his username suggests I would just be extremely disappointed and never able to watch blackadder in the same way ever again

druidh
    Free Member

Strange that the mods have let this thread through the net when it seems to be primarily aimed at bullying one forum member. Thankfully, CFH strikes me as someone who has the capability to handle it.

KennySenior
    Free Member

Perhaps that forum member hasn’t gone crying to the mods about it?

druidh
    Free Member

Ah – that’ll be it I suppose 😆

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Strange that the mods have let this thread through the net when it seems to be primarily aimed at bullying one forum member. Thankfully, CFH strikes me as someone who has the capability to handle it.

I have stated my love of his on-line persona, so no malice from me as the OP. What it deteriorates into I have no control over, it’s an internet forum after all, but emma has put into words what I wanted to say far better than I did. CFH has a truely great on-line persona, I hope he really is as good in the real world 🙂

Cheers.

iDave
    Free Member

someone who seems to get a bit more admiration than is the sum of his posts.

🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘On-line persona of the year awards, 2011’ is closed to new replies.