Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • On line gaming – does connection speed make a difference?
  • winston_dog
    Free Member

I’ve upgraded by broadband and went from 3mbs to about 50mbs.

Now I occasionally play CoD online with my Xbox.

I am pretty crap and generally come last or 2nd last.

Now with the fast connection I finish higher up and seem to win more of the sudden “face to face” skirmishes.

Is this the connection speed?

Drac

Very much ping has always made a difference the fastest connection gets the message that they’ve pulled the trigger first.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Yep. Less/no lag now so your less likely to be trying to kill someone who is no longer there or already killed you!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    skeetsgb
    Free Member

you can usually tell when its lag when you watch the replay of you been killed, like above says, you may have thought you fired the gun in return, but on the replay you didnt. you died well before that.

scuzz
    Free Member

Yes and no.
    as others have said, low ping is usually good and puts you at an advantage. However, COD allegedly has a lag compensation thing that tries to balance this factor out.
    So, you’re at the mercy of algorithms really. Years ago, low ping was the advantage, you’d see where players used to be but your game would register a kill: the enemy wouldn’t know what killed them!

passtherizla
    Free Member

If you have a really good connection you often end up the host… This makes a difference in my experience… Could all be in my head though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘On line gaming – does connection speed make a difference?’ is closed to new replies.