Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • On-line contact lens recos
  • Aus
    Free Member

Ideally where you don't need to show a prescription. Just want std B&L lenses.

Got a Boots eye test prescription t'other day and GetLenses, my usual lens supplier) won't recognise it as a contact lens prescription – they have done in the past.

Ta

simon_g

That's because a contact lens prescription is different – mine is a few points different from the glasses one.

Not found anywhere that will do them without prescription (when I've needed some but fallen out of my 2 year checkups) except some very dodgy-looking foreign places where I'd not be sure I was even getting genuine lenses.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Apparently its illegal to dispsense contact lenses without a valid prescription.

http://www.optical.org/en/news_publications/news_item.cfm?id=F4198519-4BD9-43C1-BC607E4726A02D58

rOcKeTdOg

i asked this the otherday but found http://www.visiondirect.co.uk via google, they were around £25 cheaper than from optician, but i did have my last pack of lenses for reference re. prescription

thehustler
    Free Member

It is illegal to sell contact lens with out a contact lens presscription which is completely different from a normal sight test prescription as it asesses what type/size/power of contact lens is suited to you.

just 'buying' lenses form a dodgy internet retailer who doesn't enforce this is an accident waiting to happen and with eyes most accidents mean blindness………

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Daysoft are the cheapest I've found. They delivery very quickly as well.

philsimm
    Free Member

+1 for Daysoft.

They will ask you to confirm that you have a valid prescription and from where but you won't need to produce anything.

( I assume they would do spot checks?)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘On-line contact lens recos’ is closed to new replies.