• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by igm.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • On bike kid carrier – Recommendations?
  • daftusername
    Free Member

Looking for something to take the nipper (10 months) out in. Local tow path stuff.

The bike is a rigid mtb as below but now 1×10

I like the idea of having her out front but don’t like the idea of having to pedal like Ian browns best Manc swagger.

Anyone recommend a front mount seat that is less intrusive or alternately a decent rear mount one.

I use the bike for commuting through the week so needs to be detachable.

Ta!

timmys

The pedalling like a Manc is worth the fun-factor of having them out front in my opinion. Weeride all the way.

igm

WeeRide

(Plus dropper post and bandy leg pedalin’)

daftusername
    Free Member

Nice one chaps.

Good excuse to buy a dropper post too.

Result!

northernmatt

What they said. I got a Humax seat for him which went on the back and it was a bit crap, would have much preferred to have a WeeRide.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Got a Hamax, which has been great, but if I was buying now I’d get a weeride.

29erKeith
    Free Member

I went for the Yepp mini ahead and liked it. I puts the little one up and forward a bit more than a wee ride, so a bit less odd knees out cycling which I preferred.

natrix
    Free Member

I had a WeeRide which was OK for 10 minute rides but killed the knees for anything longer. Personally I found a Hamax rear seat to be far better (as did my wife).

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I’ve a Weeride for sale if you are the interested, it’s had 6 weeks of rides to and from nursery (2 days a week, 1 mile each way, so 24 miles total!).

Personally have found on my bike it interferes with my pedalling too much, I have bad knees already and they have been causing me hassle as a result. Have swapped for a bobike which allows pedalling better though feels less stable due to the weight being further forward, and on the steerer so can be felt when turning. I’ve also found the Weeride won’t fit to my MTB as the clamp won’t fit securely on my tapered head tube. Given the choice I’d go Weeride if I could pedal with it.

willyboy
    Free Member

We have a Weeride and the longest ride we’ve done so far is an 1h15.
    You do have to put your knees out a bit, but with the seat in the furthest forward position its not that bad.

ps just noticed your headtube on the mtb – might be a tight fit for the bracket.

NZCol

i-Bert has been awesome, daughter loves it. Can do 2+hr rides on it as it doesn’t go anywhere near my knees while still letting her see where she is going. Interestingly when you watch her on her new run bike she leans and understands how a bike turns.

timmys

ps just noticed your headtube on the mtb – might be a tight fit for the bracket.

Would have thought it would be OK with the longer bolts that Weeride sell, though I’ve had it on my 44mm headtubed bike without the longer ones. I think the top of a tapered head tube and a 44mm straight are the same diameter?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

A Bobike Mini, like the Yepp, will sit a little further forward than the WeeRide, and will turn with the bars. It mounts on the fork steerer, and is very unobtrusive and can easily be removed.

It gets my vote over the WeeRide due to the extra space for rider/pedaling.

Dropper post is very useful too for stopping/starting.

TheDTs
    Free Member

I have used longer bolts with our wee ride to get round the head tube. I was disappointed when our youngest got too big for it. Now passed it on to it’s new and 6th child.

danrandon
    Free Member

Hamex siesta was great on both mine and the wife’s bike. Daught used to love slapping my back screaming faster.

igm

You realise noone’s said LOCT. I mean not at 10 months but salivate over the rides you could do in a year or two (just took a 3 1/2 year old to Les Gets – his brother went on the LOCT a few years ago this year he had s Stinky 2-4).

Year after next the LOCT might be for sale. Just saying..,

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘On bike kid carrier – Recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.