Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • OMM kit
  • surfer
    Free Member

I hate waterproof trousers as they are uncomfortable and sweaty and horrible to run in but the kit list says I have to have them and my old ones are falling to bits.

The Montane Atomic DT ones look good and they sound very breathable which would be nice.
    Does anyone have experience of them or another recommendation?

Thanks

uplink
    Free Member

Goretex ex-army ones?

teacake
    Free Member

Just carry your old pair and only use them in an emergency – which is why they’re on the kit list.

I agree though – running in waterproofs would be sweat-bag central.

vondally
    Free Member

omm kamelkia……..not bad at all as those things go

molgrips
    Free Member

On Polarises (similar) we used to take a tiny pair of cheap old trousers, the lightest we could find, just to satisfy the regulations – and never wear them.

Becca
    Free Member

Yeah just take the cheapest lightest set you can find, or your old ones. You will only use them to meet regulations or in a real emergency when you won’t be running anyway.

surfer
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice.

The OMM ones seem very good and get good reviews on the FRA site but I may go for the option of including my old ones (which may not be fully waterproof through wear and tear) which I always include for races anyway.

beamers

Goretex ex-army ones?

Not for the OMM. They are far too big and heavy, especially for a “just in case” piece of kit.

(That’s it, I’ve gone and done it now)

The only time that I have worn my waterproof over trousers (even when its been hosing it down) is in the tent on Sat night over a dry pair of running tights. Toasty warm.

lazlo53
    Free Member

second the Kamleika’s good for cycling and running, they’re what I’ll be taking, team number 1717 ss (Gareth 35, me almost an oap), What class and team are you?

slugwash
    Free Member

I’m taking an old pair of Freestyle goretex cycling trousers but I’d just buy a pair of cheap water proof trousers with taped seams if I didn’t have anything else ‘cos ther’e no way I’m going to be running in them. They’re just there to fufil the obligatory kit list and wear at the overnight camp when I’m sitting around if it’s wet or I’m cold.

(Medium Score starting just after 8am)

PS: Are space blankets or pertex bivi bags acceptable as survival bags under the OMM rules?

lazlo53
    Free Member

I don’t think space blankets are allowed slug, I think it has to be a full bag but I’ll check, The big thing about the Kamleika’s is that they’re a bit like running in tracksters so you can save your actual tracksters for the mid-point when it usually is wet and cold
    btw our first day start time is 11:04 b*****s

surfer
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice.
    Need to check the team details this is my first (had to drop out last year as partner was ill) Doing the C I think.

OMM kit list

beamers

PS: Are space blankets or pertex bivi bags acceptable as survival bags under the OMM rules?

I’ve always taken a space blanket in the past but looking at the mandatory kit list it says Survival Bag. Is that a change to previous years?

No mention is made about space blankets not being allowed though.

Edit – Having looked at the OMM forum it would appear that blankets are out and bags are in.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘OMM kit’ is closed to new replies.