Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • OMM Kamleika Race Jacket
  • theboyneeds
    Free Member

Has anyone used one of these in real life? ie. on a bike with it lashing down with rain?

I’ve got a pair of the ‘Race Pants’ and they’re pretty good when the rain really gets heavy but after getting stuck in the rain for a couple of hours yesterday my Mountain Warehouse Binliner wasn’t up to the job.

They’re down to £99 on Wiggle and the stats look ok, 12000
    BREATHABILITY 12000 G/m2 abd 15m HYDROSTATIC HEAD. I’d rather go for the Alpkit Gravitas but at £140 it’s just a bit much for an item of clothing that will only get pulled on occasionally (I tend to only resort to the shell when I can’t see the trail ahead.

Any views?

Thanks.

eyestwice
    Free Member

I’ve had one for a couple of years. Great for running and biking.

Very lightweight though. I haven’t crashed in it yet and am not convinced that it wouldn’t tear easily.

duncancallum

I use the Race Smock all the time.

I have binned it wearing it and its quite robust.

the 4 way stretch fabric is nice to use too.

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Cheers. Ordered one!

dovebiker

I have one too – tends to get used more for running and kayaking – nice that it doesn’t rustle and wraps up small. Wouldn’t be as robust as a GoreTex or similar against abrasion.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I use two, I find them a bit boil in the bag, however for comfort they are hard to beat as the fabric is so stretchy

The should do a bike version of the pants

scotroutes

Anyone else find the sizing a bit on the commodious side?

onlysteel
    Free Member

Use one for running in really foul weather.
    Contrary to some of the above, it’s not impressed me. Replaced a Gore wind stopper which was much better imho.
    Sizes up big – should have returned for size down.
    Front zip is agricultural. Almost impossible to get started with the jacket on.
    Not particularly breathable – invariably wet inside after even short runs. I am a sweaty b*st*rd, admittedly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘OMM Kamleika Race Jacket’ is closed to new replies.