• This topic has 144 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by rone.
Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)
  • OMG – Line of Duty returns! (Will contain spoilers!)
  • colournoise

Ended better than it began IMO.

Seem to have taken on board criticism about the final episode last time – this one was more ‘classic’ LoD.

Lots of shades of grey still, which is the series’ saving grace in my eyes.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I was wondering how they were going to handcuff her .

Trekster

[/quote]kimbers – Member
    I’ve never watched it before but at the in laws, managed 30 mins, decided to force out a poo instead.

I must say its crap (Lod not the poo) unnecessarily drab and weary, not to mention a storyline that seems ridiculously unbelievable and a poor understanding of what whole genome sequencing is.

Explain “genome sequencing” for a numpty…..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thought the last episode wrapped it up reasonably well. Hastings seemed in too much of a hurry to say that Hilton was the caddy’s sponsor. And of course some cheesy looks and nods to camera were employed.

Is it a bit mad? Yeah, but still watchable enough. They never revealed why Maneet (?) went rogue for Hilton just before disappearing on maternity leave.

kimbers

Whole genome sequencing is the reading of every base in an organisms Genome 3bn A,C,G,s or T s for a human, 3mn? for mrsa, they claimed it was more accurate than genetic finger printing which it is, but youd still use that over WGS for identifying strains of bacteria (and the NHS regularly do so for mrsa) PCR based fingerprinting gives you a result in <day WGS minimum of 3 and that would be a 24hr lab with the machines and people to analyse the data immediately. In LOD it took maybe 1/2 an hour to get the results back. 😉

theotherjonv

but it was urgent. Favours called in, etc.

A bloke fell 3 flights of stairs and was back at work later the same day; I can forgive a technical issue that only 1% of the population would know about. That 1% being the most spoddy 1%, obviously 😉

househusband

I can forgive a technical issue that only 1% of the population would know about. That 1% being the most spoddy 1%, obviously 😉

gobuchul
    Free Member

In LOD it took maybe 1/2 an hour to get the results back.

FFS. Lighten up.

A bloke fell 3 flights of stairs and was back at work later the same day;

No he didn’t.

You do know it’s not a documentary?

Saving Private Ryan is not Band of Brothers but it’s still entertaining.

tthew

They never revealed why Maneet (?) went rogue for Hilton just before disappearing on maternity leave.

Ah well she’s the real mole in AC12. Jamie was an expendable fall guy, so now they’ve dealt with him, she is free to continue next series.

Or possibly the one after once the babbie is a bit older.

‘You can take my photo off that board now son’ 🙄

superjohn71
    Free Member

Wasn’t it explained when the laywer dude said that ‘they’ had something on everyone; suggesting that they could have had something on her as she appeared an unwilling participant.

It was a bit disappointing that the stupid doe eyed speccy young one who kept helping old one hand by braking the rules wasn’t confronted at the end, but you can’t have everything.

palmer77
    Free Member

I think there is enough hanging to consider Hastings a real issue…

mashiehood
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it – Thandie was brilliant and made the series. Look forward to Series 5.
    It’s good Sunday night telly – beats the alternative which could be panorama on Trumps 123rd day or There’s May referendum plan will fail ……

palmer77
    Free Member

I’d missed this entirely until series 4, so had watched 1-3 this last week. If I had to criticise, it is the seeming necessity to connect every episode and series to each other. It’s a snowball effect, what will be the final outcome of series XX, the queen was in on it all? 😆

theotherjonv

what will be the final outcome of series XX, the queen was in on it all?

Makes you think.

chestrockwell

johndoh – Member
    How can that young detective not fail to link the fact that he gave his password to a colleague on the day his login was used to search sensitive files?

That was the bit that utterly did it for me – so unbelievable that he would even give his password to someone else (especially when they are in the jobs they are in). And since when do you need someone’s current password to change it to a new one?
    #fail

At least that one got cleared up. 😉

Thought it was great. Would love to know what those who say it’s rubbish consider not rubbish.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Something a bit more believable would be a good start.

Little boy blue is well acted , gripping and totally believable . I know it’s based on a real event but it’s different class .

Homeland , which was briefly on at the same time on Sunday is IMO different class also .

gobuchul
    Free Member

gripping and totally believable

True story is believable.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Saving Private Ryan is not Band of Brothers but it’s still entertaining.

Both based on true stories .

Anyway are you aware that it’s possible to have realistic , believable fiction and also unrealistic , unbelievable films based on a true story .

tthew

Anyway are you aware that it’s possible to have realistic , believable fiction and also unrealistic , unbelievable films based on a true story .

Like Guardians of the Galaxy?

Not sure if that falls into category one or two though. 😳

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Homeland is definitely different class, LoD had gaping great plot holes in it which rendered it unwatchable. Homeland not only has gaping great plot holes but also pretty much consists entirely of wotsherchops claiming to be indispensable when it comes to clearing up the mess she caused in the first place so it’s not just crap, it’s really irritating.

atlaz
    Free Member

I thought the start of the series was bollocks but it got better as the episodes passed. That’s not to say it got believable but I enjoyed it more. Can someone remind me though; the murder squad boss, I thought he’d been proven to be dodgy. If so why is he hanging around still like a 1970s cameo of a copper.

Harry_the_Spider

Well, that’s eight hours I won’t get back.

Utter rubbish.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Thought it was great. Would love to know what those who say it’s rubbish consider not rubbish.

Well, the first three series, for a start. I think most of the haters were fans of those, and the fact it was pretty grounded, believable and well researched (procedures, law etc) were strengths. If this had been some new stand alone series some of us might have accepted it was batshit and gone along for the ride.

wallop

Not a bad ending – certainly not as ridiculous as the end of the Caddy!

rone

Worked with Vicky on a short piece for a film we’re making the other day.

Nice local girl. Gave her time. Bit nerve wracking giving her any sort of direction!

Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘OMG – Line of Duty returns! (Will contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.