• This topic has 144 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by rone.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 145 total)
  • OMG – Line of Duty returns! (Will contain spoilers!)
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Agreed but there were a lot of other howlers and I now realise my expectations have self-lowered!

johndoh
    Free Member

How can that young detective not fail to link the fact that he gave his password to a colleague on the day his login was used to search sensitive files?

That was the bit that utterly did it for me – so unbelievable that he would even give his password to someone else (especially when they are in the jobs they are in). And since when do you need someone’s current password to change it to a new one?

#fail

DezB
    Free Member

I now realise my expectations have self-lowered!

Same. There’s no way we’d still be watching it otherwise!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tthew

More to the point, why did no-one think to compare the time that the file was downloaded using his password with the log of the access control system that they’re never done swiping themselves in and out on?

Those gates were stuck open when he took his flouce, so it’s clearly not that reliable!

And since when do you need someone’s current password to change it to a new one?

If she’d have changed it for him, how could he then have logged in? Ridiculous.

I can’t understand why the main Doris didn’t just go to A&E to get her arm sorted. It’s not like the nurses would have been questioning where she got the injury and reported back their suspicions to the police.

DezB
    Free Member

Ayone else laugh when she looked and saw her arm was gawn??!
    Not how a serious drama should make one react 😆

binners

Its descended into complete nonsense, but enjoyable nonsense for all that.

i’m looking forward to the bit in next weeks episode where the spaceship lands, and the aliens enter the fray 😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to when Voldemort gives her a new silver hand and when Jesus tells Steve to throw away his crutches and walk.

joefm

It’s pretty shit but we just watch because they manage to create suspense.

Watched some scandi stuff on BBC on Saturday night and it was on another level. much better

martinhutch

‘m looking forward to the bit in next weeks episode where the spaceship lands, and the aliens enter the fray

I think you may be confusing it with Fargo. 🙂

This one will conclude with the resurrected Caddy storming AC12 carrying ACC Hilton’s head in a bucket.

The ‘other crimes in previous series involving balaclavas and deep freezes’ bit seems a tad forced.

shinton
    Free Member

Why do Kate and Arnott have to meet in that dodgy underpass when she seems to make it into the office at least 3 times an episode? She even brought Arnott a curry the other week.

DezB
    Free Member

For gritty realisms

TheFlyingOx

Does this programme get any better? We watched the first series over the last few nights and it just seems a very formulaic story, over-reliant on Deus ex machina and spoiled by too many poorly recited lines. And someone ought to tell the director that shaky camera work and random zoom doesn’t make something “gritty”. It looks like the cameraman’s last job was filming two scallys fighting on the back of the night bus. Vertically.

I guess we may have been spoiled by binge-watching Luther a couple of weeks ago.

DezB
    Free Member

we may have been spoiled by binge-watching Luther

Nothing could match heights of realism demonstrated by Luther! 😆

TheFlyingOx

Ah, but at least my suspension of disbelief was willing during Luther.

DezB
    Free Member

At least they could act in Luther.

Reminds me – Not heard much talk of Guerrilla. Anyone watching it?

zanelad
    Free Member

Just for the record; Ifield* deserved his demise as he mutilated his mum’s twanny in the first series of Bodies. Jed Mercurio’s finest work.

She drove a van……

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Anyone watching it?

It’s, umm, okaaaaay. Only caught the first two and will watch a bit more. If you like your stereotypes, then you’ll love it. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Only caught the first two and will watch a bit more

Same here – on series link, but nothing compelling me to start watching the rest.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Saw the trailer for E6 – inc Ted discharging his firearm in an office!

Didn’t Kate and Steve meet in the underpass only when she was undercover?

Flying Ox – shame if S4 has killed it for you, S1-3 were several levels above IMO.

cinnamon_girl

Check out wallop’s thread on Scandi telly, there’s some right old couch potatoes posting. 😳 😉

Scandi TV

DezB
    Free Member

You gonna post that on every page C_G? 😉

cinnamon_girl

Que?? Sounding as though peeps are bored with LoD, just giving a heads up that there’s some good telly they may be missing. 🙂

Which reminds me, Gregory Fitoussi in Spin (formerly Pierre in Spiral) is looking seriously hot since he lost his razor. 😀

DezB
    Free Member
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A lot of the Scandinavian stuff I’ve seen is bobbins. Sure, Killing, Bridge, Borgen – all excellent but there’s a lot of dross been pumped out on the coat-tails of the early flag-bearers.

DebZ, try Born to Kill – started on C4 Sunday night (I think). First one seemed nicely foreboding.

colournoise

Hinterland’s on iPlayer…

kilo

Line of duty, this series, has been ridiculous unrealistic toss. I have found Hinterland not too bad

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Line of duty, this series, has been ridiculous unrealistic toss. I have found Hinterland not too bad

Agree with

“ridiculous unrealistic”

but not necessarily with

“toss.”

I have watched far, far worse.

But it is about as realistic as the Marvel shows.

DrJ

A lot of the Scandinavian stuff I’ve seen is bobbins. Sure, Killing, Bridge, Borgen – all excellent but there’s a lot of dross been pumped out on the coat-tails of the early flag-bearers.

That’s for sure – I have just watched the first 2 episodes of The Legacy season 3, but I’m not sure I’ll bother continuing. On the other hand I have enjoyed Midnight Sun, but more for the amazing northern Sweden scenery than for the plot.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

This series of lod has been entertaining but has far too many plot holes, it appears the script was rushed and not checked properly.

Just watched series 1 on Netflix and it is so so much better.

Going to watch series 2 next, we started lod on series 3 last year.

Despite the nonsense it is still entertaining.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Agreed on Midnight Sun Doc. I’ve enjoyed that.

CheesybeanZ

Here we go then ….

thegreatape
    Free Member

kilo

Utter utter rubbish

kimbers

I’ve never watched it before but at the in laws, managed 30 mins, decided to force out a poo instead.

I must say its crap (Lod not the poo) unnecessarily drab and weary, not to mention a storyline that seems ridiculously unbelievable and a poor understanding of what whole genome sequencing is.

retro83
    Free Member

Holy shitting bugger that was awesome

So Hastings, goody or baddie?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not the best.

Have to ask why the crims would bother to make Hilton’s death suicide.

theotherjonv

Well I enjoyed it, and not just because it has Vicky McClure in it.

You do know it’s not a documentary?

martinhutch

So Everyone Dunnit then.

superjohn71
    Free Member

In thought it was an OK ending; not very realistic I grant, but entertaining.

shifter
    Free Member

Enjoyed that. I’m not sure I GAF about whole genome sequencing!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘OMG – Line of Duty returns! (Will contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.