• This topic has 144 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by rone.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 145 total)
  • OMG – Line of Duty returns! (Will contain spoilers!)
  • wallop

Tonight, 9pm, BBC1.

Really looking forward to this.

Let the theories and guessing commence!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Me too.

Watched the 3 previous series in the last few weeks again to catch up.

High hopes? for Thandie Newton’s performance.

senorj

Pah ,that’s why the missus wanted me to to go bed early!!
    One of it’s “stars” lives around the corner and is a complete arse….
    My loss, but it’s been ruined for me…

theotherjonv

Eeeeeeek!!!

dannyh
    Free Member

So, forensic Jedi guy can’t tell when someone is dead? Or is he going to get rid of her whatever?

colournoise

Kind of glad she’s still alive. Was worried the writing had got lazy with the same ‘kill off what looks like a big character’ trick as last series.

cynic-al
    Free Member

One of it’s “stars” lives around the corner and is a complete arse….

Which one?

Have to say the ending didn’t seem the best, each series has gotten racier but this may be too much.

wilburt
    Free Member

Pound shop Dexter.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Really? I gave up on Dexter after 2 episodes.

senorj

Sorry Al – best not to slander on t’interweb…
    I’ll tell you if I ever meet you. 🙂

avdave2

2 Brilliant series, then one that started just as well and only really went a bit awry in the final episode and now this absolute joke. From the sublime to the ridiculous.

househusband

From the sublime to the ridiculous.

Indeed.

But we’ll carry on watching just to see how high and far it can jump over the shark..!

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

avdave2 – Member
    2 Brilliant series, then one that started just as well and only really went a bit awry in the final episode and now this absolute joke. From the sublime to the ridiculous.

Totally agree. The Caddy has gone.

scuttler

Last series ended bollocks daft and this series has started as such so I have low hopes. Current series of Homeland on the other hand is brill.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Kind of glad she’s still alive

Thanks for that!

martinhutch

Was a bit annoying that a series that was based on meticulous process and detail has clearly got sloppy – all the congratulatory ‘top job by the police’ television news coverage of a case where a bloke has been charged and appeared in court, when in reality they’d be able to say virtually bugger all.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Was a bit annoying that a series that was based on meticulous process and detail has clearly got sloppy

they throw in terminology (eg “GPD” for the dogs) to show off that they’ve done some work, then 5 seconds later have the SIO doing house-to-house… but really it’s this

Last series ended bollocks daft and this series has started as such so I have low hopes

I could forgive the OTT ending as the rest of the series was so strong, but they seem to have decided to start with the shark jump and work from there 🙄 Already lost hours I’ll never get back watching the complete cobblers that was Apple Tree Yard, I give this 1 more episode to redeem itself but I’m not hopeful.

DrJ

Already lost hours I’ll never get back watching the complete cobblers that was Apple Tree Yard, I give this 1 more episode to redeem itself but I’m not hopeful.

Hmm – I enjoyed ATY and also all the LoD up to now 🙂 Keeley Hawes character was brilliant and I am happy watching Thandie Newton eat toast.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I am happy watching Thandie Newton eat toast.

You know she’s a robot, right?

cinnamon_girl

Final episode of previous series left me disappointed, this new series may be going the same way. 😐

cynic-al
    Free Member

Anyone confused by Ifield wearing the balaclava?

Framing Huntley’s death on the suspect?

wallop

I’m so confused! 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

If this is the shark jumping series, may I recommend Bodies, also by Mercurio, similar feel but set in NHS.

wilburt
    Free Member

Second episode inproved on the first, its still on the edge of barely believable but earns another watch next week.

swavis

Not as good as the last few series but I’ll give a watch as there’s nothing better on at the time.

Oh and..

I am happy watching Thandie Newton eat toast

You know she’s a robot, right?[/quote]

😆

atlaz
    Free Member

Can’t really decide whether I like it nor, for that matter, WTF is going on. We’ve got a murderer, a fitted up kid with special needs, a killer cop, a dead but dodgy forensics guy, a husband who is up to something, a senior cop interested more in PR than justice and the usual office politics at AC12. Phew.

It’s well made and tense and all that but it seems a bit “lets throw every plot idea we have ever had at it and see where we go”. that said, it’s better than Silent Shitness.

Oh, and it was too obvious Thandie Newton’s character wouldn’t be dead; she’s too big a name to die in the first episode.

wallop

Pretty boring tonight….

😐

wallop

Oh!

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Not boring now!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jury still out here.

How many balaclava men do we need?

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Wow, didn’t see that comin, explains why Huntley’s protecting him…

batfink
    Free Member

not seen ep 3 yet (thought I’d come on here first)…. BUT IT’S OBVIOUSLY HER HUSBAND 🙂

First rule of TV detective shows: look for the inexplicable casting of a too-good actor in a bit-part role.

On a separate note, I’m really enjoying the latest series of Broadchurch – didn’t bother with the last one, but this one is excellent so far. With Tennant, Coleman and Sir Lenny of Henry, it’s my favourite thing on TV at the moment (besides Hey Dugee, obvs)

seadog101

Won’t be able to watch this until I get home in a couple of weeks. Will be keeping away from this thread.

fisha
    Free Member

Bring in a new character can only mean killing another off.

Was really good that episode.

the-muffin-man

I don’t think it’s Huntley or her husband – it’s the man her husband called just before Arnott entered the building. Huntley will be shown to be just trying to get a conviction and won’t know about her husbands goings on.

But really – an attack at a law firm in the middle of the day and there’s no-one in the stairwell!?

It’s all OK, but not great.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m past caring whodunnit, the shark has been jumped for me, and it’s too high-octane by half.

And while there were always “suspend disbelief” moments they are too far-fetched in this series – arresting the rape victim with no evidence FFS!

DezB
    Free Member

Unfortunately this series is just stretching credibility too far. So many stupid plot holes…
    Last we saw a woman was recovering from being knocked unconscious, with a blade cm from her face… next she’s overpowered and killed the bloke…
    As for Arnott’s phone not alerting him to incoming calls just at the convenient moment. What bollocks. Must be made for Holby watchers.

theotherjonv

I’m still just hanging on waiting for Thandie’s sidekick to throw off her specs, shake out her hair and transform into a swan-siren..

She is Plain Jane Superbrain off Neighbours reincarnate, isn’t she…. or is that just me.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Given the fact that his occipital lobe was dripping down the stairs, Arnott has to be dead?? If he’s not dead then he must at least lose that Australian accent as a result of such a head injury 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘OMG – Line of Duty returns! (Will contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.