Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • OMG, I think i'm now too old for my hardtail….
  • scotroutes

They do make you feel a bit “remote”. I much prefer the feel that fat tyres give (if you’re after that sort of thing). A flexy Ti seatpost might take some sting away without being so drastic?

I think I’ve an old USE kicking around the garage somewhere. If I can find it, you’re free to try it out (for the price of postage). Might need a shim as I think it’s a 26.0

chiefgrooveguru

Isn’t it lovely having GW back? I for one have greatly missed his remarkable humility and unfailingly helpful posts!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Cheers scotroutes, I’d be up for trying it if you’re sure you don’t mind?

scotroutes

I’ll have a wee dig around tomorrow

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ok thanks, I’ll keep an eye on here and if you find it I’ll drop you an email. Cheers.

mboy
    Free Member

having GW back? I for one have greatly missed his remarkable humility and unfailingly helpful posts!

I had my suspicions!

Has a point though about not needing to go to the gym (plenty of core exercises can be done in the comfort of your own home, or even at work), but 10/10 for the “I’m better than all of you, **** yeah” delivery style!

takisawa2

None of the many FS bikes I’ve had rival the comfort of my HD, with a 27.5″+ rear / 29+ front.
    It manages to retain a degree of responsiveness whilst still giving a nice forgiving ride.
    The new Five I bought earlier this year rarely gets a look in these days.
    It really is a lovely ride.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘OMG, I think i'm now too old for my hardtail….’ is closed to new replies.