Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • OMFG – headphones and tears of joy content (kind of PSA re. Oppo PM-3)
  • big_scot_nanny

I’ve been through just about full spectrum of noise cancelling phones (Bose, Parrot, Beats, Sony, B&O), always disatisfied with sound quality and NC annoys me. Parrot Zik 3s got stolen recently, insuarnce paid up, needed a new pair, wanted good isolation, great sound, but no NC. Senn momentums were previous favourite sounding non-NC, portable headphones, but were bloody uncomfortable.

Reviews, listening and chat to music-y friends = purchase of Oppo PM-3 headphones.

As the reviews say: shut up and take my money. Just. Incredible.

Makes other phones sound comically bad by comparison. I actualy shed a wee tear on the (very noisy) tram home listening, and really hearing, some of my music 2 days ago (particular track was Bon Iver: 8 (circle)).

Now, where do I get a hand rolled, directional, 3.5mm jack headphone cable to really make my music come alive 😉

stevehine

Can only agree; noise isolating cans are the way to go.

I use a pair of aviation phones upgraded with full range drivers; they are better than anything I’ve tried (though I’ll admit I’ve never spent £300+ on a pair!)

Only drawback is that they aren’t the most subtle things to wear out and about so I tend to use them at home where nobody can see me 😀

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve been through just about full spectrum of noise cancelling phones

so what’s the best for under a £ton.

scaled
    Free Member

£300+ quid and they’re not even wireless? 😉

big_scot_nanny

Brakes: Seeing as how I don’t really get on with them, I’m likely not the best at answering, but if you really want effective noise cancelling, I would aim for a set of second hand Bose QC15s or 25s.

Scaled: indeed, nor a bass boost button. Poor.

Bimbler
    Free Member

The PM stands for planar magnetic, it’s an interesting technology

nedrapier

Scaled: indeed, nor a bass boost button. Poor.

You need the Oppo HA-2SE Headphone Amplifier for that!

alpin
    Free Member

GF won a set of Sennheisser . Do a reasonable job of cancelling noise but they’re massive, bulky, make my ears sweat and I feel too self conscious when out and about (always used to look at people with massive Mickey Mouse ears and think “why?”)

Only wear them for flights, long train journeys or when hoovering…

zokes
    Free Member

Yup, I’ve had a pair for a couple of years. They’ve been a great investment given how much time I spend on planes.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Sennheiser Momentum 2.0’s for wireless and noise cancelling duties, Shure SE535’s for walking about.

Now listening to music through an Astell & Kern AK70 music player. Stunning improvement over my supposedly good Sony phone.

320kb mp3’s sound incredible, FLAC files a bit better.

Love good headphones.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Get yourself an Audioengine D1 DAC and you’ll be singing.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘OMFG – headphones and tears of joy content (kind of PSA re. Oppo PM-3)’ is closed to new replies.