Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Omega watch service (again)
  • Harry_the_Spider

Can anyone recommend an independent to service and polish my automatic Seamaster?

razorrazoo

These guys have done a couple of watches for me, both Quartz Hugo Boss and TAG Automatic. I’ve been pleased with the work and reasonable price.

My wife’s TAG will be going there for a battery change and check up soon.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

http://watchguy.co.uk/

First off Christian is a friend however if that was not the case I would still recommend him.
    Check out the data and photos on his work on the website.
    Meticulous and really loves what he does.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Second for watch guy – really nice bloke, I dropped 2 watches off (stroud), had a nice chat, watches done really quickly to a very high standard. He’ll also ask if you want to replace expensive bits rather than just doing it, and gives a warranty. Brilliant, just brilliant!

julians
    Free Member

Is that booking mechanism of that watchguy accurate, it says he will release 17 slors tomorrow at 7pm but they tend to be taken at a rate of 1 per second.

Theres no chance of me getting one.

Need to get my omega serviced and repaired (clasp failing, Crown broken, bezel ratchet thing broken)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jeez these high end watches seem to need a lot of maintenance!

CountZero

Jeez these high end watches seem to need a lot of maintenance!

Well, common sense says that any really complicated machine is going to be higher maintenance than something that’s just a solid block of circuitry.
    However, properly looked after an expensive watch shouldn’t need any special attention more than once a decade for a mechanical, if that. Quartz, probably about the same vis servicing.
    My Series 1000 Tag has never been serviced in over thirty years, just three or four batteries and a new face after the locating pins broke off, my Yema has been properly serviced once in forty odd years, and I wouldn’t expect my Seiko to need looking at for at least another twenty years.
    If I live that long…
    All keep pretty good time.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Tag…the locating pins broke off,

I wouldn’t expect my Seiko to need looking at for at least another twenty years.

That’s my point (your crystal ball aside).

bonchance
    Free Member
    rickmeister

another for Christian at the watch guy. Sent mine from Germany, great service and the pictures of the repair are very interesting as its happening.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Omega watch service (again)’ is closed to new replies.