Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Olympus OM-D EM-1
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone else excited by this?

I’d be more excited if I could afford one, mind.

zokes
    Free Member

Ooooooh! Thanks for the heads-up. I might just get me one of them….

veedubba

I want one, but

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY6oDAzZUqQ&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Sidney
    Free Member

I waited ages (Jan) before buying the EM-5 in case they bought a new one out. Still really like mine for form and still have loads to learn on it so will stick with it, but wouldn’t mind some of the upgrades like the upgraded processor.

speed12
    Free Member

Definitely looks to be an impressive bit of kit. The ‘pro’ level 12-40 2.8 they’ve bought out (and the 40-150 apparently coming) look ace as well. Although it’s been great for a while, I think this is m4/3 starting to come of age – wouldn’t be surprised if you start to see a lot more professional photographers starting to use these.

Andy-R

Is it that exciting? Mind you, I can’t afford it anyway – I’ll just keep my venerable E-1 and my even more venerable M-1 8)

zokes
    Free Member

Oh, I expect I’ll use several of my OM lenses on it

AlexSimon

Impressive ISO 6400 shot on one of the sites I went to.
    http://www.thephoblographer.com/2013/09/10/first-impressions-olympus-omd-em1-3/

It’ll be over a grand though

molgrips
    Free Member

EM-5s have come down in price now it seems too, which is cool.

I would love to be able to use my old lenses on something new, but bar a few most aren’t worthy of such a nice body anyway.

I just hope Olympus can make a success of it. They really are innovative but somehow never seem to make much of a dent in the market. They have put all their effort into making really good small cameras as an alternative to big SLRs which are the perfect option for most people, but the problem is most people don’t know that. They think ‘oh I want to take nice pictures’ so go and buy an entry level SLR that they can leave in the cupboard forever because it’s too big.

For all the kerfuffle in the press over mirrorless, I’ve only seen a handful of them being carried around by people, and I’ve never seen an EM-5

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Olympus OM-D EM-1’ is closed to new replies.