Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Olympics: So are you planning to buy tickets?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

tricky – I think if you win, you get automatically debited.

Otherwise people would game the system by applying for everything and rejecting lesser events,

trickydisco
    Free Member

Yea.. that makes sense. Just found it in the faq’s

I’ve gone up to £150 for a ticket (fingers crossed)

Stoner
    Free Member

Well Ive just pressed the button on about £360 of tickets for mrs S and me for track finals, hockey bronze medal game and triathlon with the kids.

Fingers crossed.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Will be applying for velodrome and mtb, maybe beach volleyball. Havent looked at prices yet so this is subject to change.

5lab

they mentioned on the news you could return tickets at face value, so as long as you can stomach the card hit in the short term, you should be fine

Stoner
    Free Member

its not return, its put them into a resale website at face value next summer. So yes there’s the liquidity thing, but also the risk of the session being a lemon no-one wants! 😉

ski
    Free Member

Stoner – Member

its not return, its put them into a resale website at face value next summer. So yes there’s the liquidity thing, but also the risk of the session being a lemon no-one wants!

Stoner – where did you get this info from (ta), I am struggling to find any help on this on the official site.

My only gripe is not knowing a seating plan & difference between the seating prices?

Would love to take my little ones to any of the track events.

Would love to go to one of the events like the Track

Nick

I’m going to apply for a couple of track sessions, on the basis that the atmosphere will be awesome and I’ll have forgotten just how much they cost by next year, plus I probably won’t get any.

Football too I think, final at Wembley and maybe one of the perliminaries where you can get 2 games for £20.

Daughter wants to see some Gymnastics, oh and maybe some tennis.

I reckon I’ll go as far as £500 on the basis that I’ll be very unlucky to spend all that.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

where do you buy them from? linky?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

ta, I googled my way there, than had a sudden doubt that that would be a really clever scam!

surfer
    Free Member

Hoping I’ll be selected!

If not maybe get on the course for the mens marathon or maybe the Womens to cheer Radcliffe on.
    Love to watch the 10,000m final but bit of a long shot.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Should be able to blag some freebies using my local government contacts. 😉

I’m certainly not paying for owt. You mugs can do that! You are so going to be ripped off, it’s unreal. The amount of free tickets given away to corporate groups/local community groups etc means the remaining ones which will be sold will carry a massive premium to compensate. Not to mention all the local businesses ripping all you tourists off for food, accommodation, taxis, etc. I’m probbly going to sublet my flat for a few weeks to journos or whoever, make a pot of money, bugger off abroad somewhere. 😀

You do know it’s on telly, don’t you?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’m probbly going to sublet my flat for a few weeks to journos or whoever, make a pot of money,

hahahahahaha!

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Olympics: So are you planning to buy tickets?’ is closed to new replies.