Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Olympics: So are you planning to buy tickets?
  • gothandy

Sounds like they launched announced the timetable for the 2 weeks next year. I’m thinking I really should take my 6 year old to something but what!

Anyone know what they are going to see? Tickets are out next month I think, so I really need to decide sometime soon.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Will try for cycling and rowing. Maybe go for something a bit more obscure too…archery or shooting, just to experience it.

clubber
    Free Member

cycling, rowing and unlikely as it is that I’ll get them, some of the athletics.

And maybe something totally random that I’m not usually into depending on what’s available.

EDIT – Have I turned into DD? 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Whoa…spooky. 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

I would go for the cycling and rowing too. OMG, I’m turning into…… It doesn’t bear thinking about. I’m out of here. This is my last official post. This is too much to bear……. No more…….. No more…….

100m final would be quite an atmosphere too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

100m final would be quite an atmosphere too.

I reckon they’re the ones going for £2012 though aren’t they?

loddrik
    Free Member

Not unless Liverpool are playing…

donsimon
    Free Member

Quite expensive, yes, and probably reserved for and by Dave, Boris and their mates.

Not unless Liverpool are playing…

That’s funny on so many levels… 😆

IanMunro
    Free Member

I can’t believe Beach Volleyball hasn’t been suggested yet 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Given I’m contributing so much of my income already, I thought I’d be getting some for nowt.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

watching the road race on Box Hill for free

Macgyver

I reckon tickets for the para olympic track cycling. Tandems hooning round the banking is going to be awesome!

ventanarider
    Free Member

seen some of the prices??? outrageous!

ianv
    Free Member

BMX would be good, watch shazane reade win a gold medal.

iain1775
    Free Member

I was going for Basketball and MTB, (and wife wanted Netball if it was an exhibition sport this year) but the vast majority of ticket prices are silly, and combine it with getting to and staying in London for 2 adults and a child its sadly not going to be worth remortgaging the house for
    Shame because its probably a once in a lifetime event but yet again rip-off Britian strikes

ianv
    Free Member

Just looked at the prices £750/£450 for the final day of the athletics. That is taking the pise.

john_drummer
    Free Member

No.

I shall be making an even bigger effort than usual of going nowhere near that London

catfood
    Free Member

I think Im going to be working on them.

lister

I’d love to take the kids but a trip to the far side of London from Pembrokeshire combined with the ticket prices means that the Great Britain olymics will be a London-centric event.

And I know I can take them to the sailing or the football(!) elsewhere in the country but the ‘real’ olympic events are the running, swimming and pedalling.

Shame really.

crazy-legs

watching the road race on Box Hill for free

You and every other cyclist in the South of England. I’m just waiting to hear the news about Box Hill being cordoned off to protect the rare flowers… 😉

ocrider

Just as well athletics ain’t my thing, the kids couldnt sit still for that long anyway.

A couple of seats up the back in the corner of the velodrome will do nicely(it was never going to be cheap because of the prospective medal count)
    One of the hockey semis @£65×4 and maybe the handball at £35 a throw and then on the roadside on 28th July.

meikle_partans
    Free Member

out of interest how much have people been paying at recent olympics. is it always this expensive or is this really rip off britain?

let me answer my own question with the magic of editing

sadmadalan

In terms of which events – Hockey (probably on more than one day), cycling, athletics, volleyball and tennis. We are planning for our 2012 holidays to be spent at the games.

I know it is expensive – but trying to compare this with previous games is almost pointless, especially Beijing. In any case this is probably the only Olympics I will ever attend in person, so why not spend the money.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Didn’t China have to pay people to go?

I’m in the ballot for BMX tickets and a few others, might just go and watch the free events like the sailing, road race etc.

Could be worse, we could build a massive stadium with public money then heand it over to a provate company to make money out of like we did with Wembley, if the FA and footballers wanted a new pitch why couldn’t they pay for it themselves?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

tickets to the beijig opening ceremony went up to £470
    mtb was about £2.50
    comparisons…

i’d still love to go though, and find the anti-olympic sentement a shame – we’re such a bloody negative nation. its the worlds BIGGEST sporting event, seen by billions, and nobody seems to want it in the UK.

druidh
    Free Member

lister – Member
    I’d love to take the kids but a trip to the far side of London from Pembrokeshire combined with the ticket prices means that the Great Britain olymics will be a London-centric event.

It’s the LONDON Olympics. Countries do not bid for them (they just pay for them)

mogrim

I can’t believe Beach Volleyball hasn’t been suggested yet

Spent two months watching that on Bondi in 2000 🙂

Personally I’m wondering how much the airplane tickets are likely to go up, I think on balance I’ll probably have to give the whole thing a miss – which is a pity, the atmosphere around Sydney for their Games was fantastic.

druidh
    Free Member

hungry monkey – Member
    its the worlds BIGGEST sporting event, seen by billions,

WGAT?

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I’ve been fortunate enough to see most of the olympic events live (apart from sailing and the equestrian) and the athletics / track and field events were amongst the poorest to watch in the stadium. You end up needing to watch what is happening on the big screens to see what is happening. Likewise with rowing, it is very exciting to watch on tv but in the audience it is pretty awful.

Track cycling, swimming were the two that were most exciting in terms of seeing all the action as well as the crowd reaction. The court sports like volleyball, basketball, badminton, tennis, handball were all pretty good as was the fighting. Actually they all get pretty exciting, even things like weightlifting which i had thought was going to be boring.

pjt201
    Free Member

i thought the worlds biggest sporting event was the tour, and they don’t charge for tickets for that and they’ll even give you some free tat.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

A tip for the leches on here regards beach volleyball – i got called a poof by my mates for going to see the men play, but i figured that as the women had a crowd full of males there for perving purposes that the opposite would be true for the mens game. I was right, but even better than that the women who were in the crowd weren’t the equivalent of the sad loser guys in the crowd – most of them were Amazonian goddess swimmers whose games had already finished. 😀

ocrider

pjt201, you can only take so much Haribo and Cochonou before imploding!

Stoner
    Free Member

So anyone pressed the button on some tickets yet?

Mines hovering over the cycling track finals and mens hockey bronze.

They’re not cheap are they? And there little chance in the ballot on the cycling is there…

What event for me to take my now 4yr old, then 5 1/2yr old to?

molgrips
    Free Member

For all those people whinging about ticket prices, there are tickets for the men’s 100m final for £50. Can’t complain about that surely?

Anyway I am not sure I want to go to the athletics myself. It’ll probly be MTBing and track cycling for a day maybe.

Which track cycling events tho?

Stoner
    Free Member

for track cylcing there’s only 9 sessions and no difference in prices between them except for the short sessions.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah but which events are best to watch?

Stoner
    Free Member

Im going to go for the mens team sprint finals coz I reckon it’s AWESOME!

molgrips
    Free Member

Who’s going to the MTBing?

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’m really interested in the track cycling , do i add as many sessions as possible and then if i get allocated i could choose to accept or decline?

It’s just i don’t want to put all my eggs in the same basket for the track finals only to find out i didn’t get in. I’d like to see any of the track cycling in that case.

chakaping
    Free Member

Swimming if I bother with anything. And possibly white water rafting as it’s just up the road.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Olympics: So are you planning to buy tickets?’ is closed to new replies.