Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Olympics 2012 – Support for British manufacturing, not…
  • votchy
    Free Member

Well done to our government by letting Lexus provide the Olympic cars for 2012, another kick in the teeth for us at JLR, w4nkers

Jag XJ – Greenest luxury car available
    Soon to be launched new XJ – even greener

AndyP
    Free Member

Lexi – the japanese Mercedes. Back of the net.

K

That’s really good 😕

Bet a whole lot of though went in to that or maybe it is the jollies to Japan that swung the deal?

uplink
    Free Member

was it a government decision?

really should have been the Jag though

Pook

Harro, here is your Rexus for the Rundon Orympics Meesa Lord Seb Coe

we hope you rike ee here in Tokyo we think you arways better than meesa roger brack

Jimbo
    Free Member

Hybrids, innit. We’ll handily overlook the battery chargers that the bigg’uns will have. I mean, why have a lightweight, UK-made car with a clean diesel engine, when you can ship 5.0 V8s with nasty batteries from the other side of the world…

sofatester
    Free Member

Travelled in Japan a lot Pook? 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Indeed, yet more greenwashing.

Oooh, look at us, we’re using hybrids, coz dey is well green innit, bro.

The new XJ is a peach of a car. Made in the UK, cleaner in the long run than any hybrid and has some element of the “legacy” that these games were meant to be about.

Should have been Jaguars for the VIPs and Disco 3s for the security goons.

Jimbo
    Free Member

I ‘spose if they want the cars to be in keeping with the local area, a Lexus isn’t a bad choice. I mean, slap some gold badges on the back, some chrome wheel arm trims and garish alloy wheels, a CD hanging from the rear-view mirror and of course the obligatory few ounces in the glovebox, and you’ve the perfect car for the area…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Olympics 2012 – Support for British manufacturing, not…’ is closed to new replies.