Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • paddy0091
    Free Member

The Women’s event that’s currently on..

Is it fair to say that the cycle leg is just a mode of transport to the run? I say this as half the group are freewheeling, no one attacks and they spend most of the time looking round.

pretty odd!

Neil-F
    Free Member

Its very tactical and teamworky. I’ve actually been quite surprised at some of the tactics involved in what has been seemingly simple straightforward races. The cycling leg would probably be an ideal opportunity for a rest after the swim.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Paddy, you are highlighting the big issue in pro tri v amateur. In the former, drafting is legal which “can” make the whole event a little swim and ride to little more than a running race.

paddy0091
    Free Member

so say someone isn’t a great swimmer, but a decent cyclist, wouldn’t it be worth while trying to get a group up the road to have an advantage going into the run?

Mounty_73

Plenty of road rash! 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

😯

oldgit
    Free Member

How warm does it have to be before buoyancy aids aka wetsuits are not allowed?
    I’ve recently seen one on TV were they were banned because of the surface temperature, a fair few weren’t happy bunnies.

ebygomm
    Free Member

20 degrees, was 19 today

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

it’s all about the run, if you are a good cyclist you need to put a massive gap into them to hold it on the sun. Gutted for helen Jenkins though she has been phenomenal all year.

njee20
    Free Member

So many people shouting for her, shame she got dropped. Atmosphere in Hyde Park was great. Shame they made pro tri drafting, just dull now!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Olympic Triathlon’ is closed to new replies.