Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Olympic Torch Coming Past Me Happy (NOT)
  • grantway
    Free Member

Have the Olympic coming past my road today
    going down High St South East Ham

Been told we will be on shut down soon so can’t get out to ride
    has i won’t get back in
    B and ends with S

Oh if your into this, there is a FOC party in Central Park high st south.
    can’t wait more pish heads be roaming the streets

Pigface
    Free Member

Who got out of bed on the wrong side this morning?

yossarian
    Free Member

Where is your coca cola sponsored Olympic spirit (TM) this morning?

Sandwich

Hiding in his McDonalds Happy Meal!

bedmaker

you mean Oylimpic surely

cynic-al
    Free Member

I can’t make sense of half of it. the OP that is.

grantway
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    I can’t make sense of half of it. the OP that is.

I can’t drive to Epping Forest has I won’t be allowed back
    Has High St South the road is the main road off of the A13.

donsimon
    Free Member

It must have been a terrible shock to have woken up to this level of disruption, I feel for you.
    I really boils my urine when organisers of events close roads on a whim like this. A bit of warning would at least allow me to plan ahead. 👿

Edric64
    Free Member

*As maybe ?

hels
    Free Member

It makes me laugh. All the young people have an i-phone or some such gadget attached to their bodies every minute of the day, loaded with a gizillion apps, millions of tons of information streaming live into their ears/faces 24 hours a day.

Yet still can’t plan ahead enough to deal with one road closure locally.

aP
    Free Member

Are you not fit enough to ride to Epping?

muggomagic

Could you not park up a couple of streets away ride home then ride back and collect your car once the road is open?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Ask what powers they are using to close the road and to see the written order for these. When we used to write traffic regulation orders (often used for road closures) we couldn’t deny access to local residents unless to do so would be them in danger.

While they might be able to close the road to motorised vehicles, they can’t ban pedestrians. Just walk your bike to the end of the road.

corroded
    Free Member

Did THEY not KNOW you wanted to go to Epping today? Did THEY even ask?!

Forget asking under which powers THEY closed the road. Take it to the European Court of Human Rights!

AngusWells

‘Do you remember when the Olympics were in London Grandad?’

‘Yes. One week before the games they closed our road, so I moaned about it on something we called an internet forum. They were great days.’

yossarian
    Free Member

😆

RustySpanner

Jesus, I’m sick of whining knobsters complaining about the Olympics.

Do us all a favour and piss off somewhere else for the next few weeks so the rest of us can enjoy one of the greatest sporting shows on Earth.

Thanks.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Equally, I am sick of people arguing that legitimate complaints are off limits. How silly is that? I went to see the flame yesterday and the spirit was great up until the narrow streets are taken over by Coca Cola, Samsung, Lloyds TSB buses with non-entities prattling on over their PA systems. And then the torch arrives to much excitement until the hand over (to Roger Black) was obscured by two relay buses. It was like the organisers throwing a big bucket of cold water of the crowds’ excitement and enthusiasm. At least Boris is having a crack at the over-jealous protection of certain words in today’s press.

So the Olympics (am I allowed to use that word here) really do a good effort and trying to dampen one’s natural enthusiasm and support. Hopefully the events will start soon and we can ignore the BS baggage that goes with the whole thing.

vanilla83
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member

Do us all a favour and piss off somewhere else for the next few weeks so the rest of us can enjoy one of the greatest sporting shows on Earth.

Thanks.

This +1

konabunny
    Free Member

Jesus, I’m sick of whining knobsters complaining about the Olympics whining on threads that are obviously whining about the Olympics. It’s like they deliberately set out to read whiny comments so they can make whiny comments.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rusty, +many, many thousands.

chewkw
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

So the Olympics (am I allowed to use that word here) really do a good effort and trying to dampen one’s natural enthusiasm and support. Hopefully the events will start soon and we can ignore the BS baggage that goes with the whole thing.

This + millions.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’m slightly bemused by the people who are sick of the whining knobsters.
    Why give a fig about other people whining?, is your sense of self so defined by what others do and think?

Squidlord
    Free Member

I’m sick of people whining about people who are sick of people whining about people who are sick of people whining about people who are sick of… (repeat to fade)

RustySpanner

IanMunro – Member

I’m slightly bemused by the people who are sick of the whining knobsters.
    Why give a fig about other people whining?, is your sense of self so defined by what others do and think?

No, not at all.
    But dull, boring whingers just contaminate the atmosphere and bring everyone down.

If this was a pub, these people would be the bores sat in the corner on their own, complaining that the sun was too hot, the beer too cold and the free peanuts on the bar were full of fly vomit.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member
    Thanks.

Agreed.
    But cut and paste Internet opinions are all the rage on STW. It’s cool to hate, basically.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

These people are asking for support in their attempt to get the olympic companies to agree to pay tax.

https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/olympic-tax-dodging

So far they’ve persuaded MacD, coke and 3 others.

donsimon
    Free Member

Love + gerund, so you should have said “Brits love moaning” and the link requires a log-in. Double Fail!! 🙄

aP
    Free Member

As they say so eloquently in TOWIE “shutup”, and the NYT only requires a log-in if you’ve looked at more than 5 pages already this month.

Squidlord
    Free Member

It asked me for a log in, and I’ve never been there before.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member

Thanks.

Bless.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member

Thanks.

Sport? Based on the build up i’ve been exposed to, sport appears a tertiary concern of the Olympics. Sponsorship and budgets seem much more important.

I also don’t get the desire to see the Olympic flame. I’ve heard so many people say its a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the torch. But how many people would have seeing it on their list of must dos? 1. Ride a tdf col, 2. parachute jump 3. sunset over the Nile 4. Grand Canyon 5. see Olympic torch 6. swim with dolphins

There is a poster at my local metro station which sums up the Olympics. Its tagline reads “Be part of it: visit the olympic shop.”

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Olympic Torch Coming Past Me Happy (NOT)’ is closed to new replies.