Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Olympic sadness
  • maccruiskeen

I read somewhere that these are the most commercially restrictive games yet. one more is that Visa, another sponsor, are closing the non Visa cash points in the olympic village and making Visa machines the ly ones available

If I recall, you could only buy tickets with a visa card too, other credit cards weren’t accepted

zokes
    Free Member

How about just ignoring them?

Just a thought, like….

The french Parisians must be pissing themselves!

2hottie
    Free Member

The company I used to work for had a contract with Mac D’s for Building works. I remember seeing a set of plans for the main “restaurant” and it’s a temporary structure with a seating capacity of iirc 1500. There will be many more smaller outlets around the site too.

What gets me is that the past few Olympics have been sited on land that needs redevelopment in the host city.

Both Sydney and Athens have these sporting areas which are generally under used and become a dead spot for a city. Also who is going to pay for the up keep of the site once the games are over? The local council won’t be able to cover it all and if the housing stock that has been built is predominately for those in need of subsidised housing, the revenue raised by council tax isn’t likely to go far.

It’s ideal to keep all the sporting activities in one area for a commercial point of view but if you need a ticket to enter each event then why don’t the games spread out across the country? and show case the best the country has to offer. Can you imagine.. TV guy right we’ll be crossing over to the Yorkshire Moors to watch the Shooting or to Nottingham Forest for the Archery.

A friend of mine was in the U.S.A and he was asked by a young women; “so how far away is London from England?” Now she could be stupid but I think there is a greater need to sell the whole country not just a small section of the Capitol that everyone knows.

I’m not a massive fan of track and field sports but I can appreciate the efforts the athletes have put in to get there and well done to them. It’s a shame that the politics and corporate nonsense is over shadowing their efforts.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Olympic sadness’ is closed to new replies.