Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Olympic Road (Test) Race in Surrey Today – is it on TV?
  • Lesanita2
    Free Member

I assume it is somewhere.

mrmo
    Free Member

i think the bbc are showing 5mins of highlights at some later date!

Lesanita2
    Free Member

……… And you would think the organisers would be trying to promote the event next year wouldn’t you.

hughjardon
    Free Member

I don’t they will be promoting the event since it was established that entry to the only decent viewing spot will be limited/ticketed.

Even Cycling Weekly have come out and called it a sham?

mrmo
    Free Member

highlights are on BBC news 24, or they were, all 30secs….

aP
    Free Member

Box Hill isn’t the only decent viewing point, the only thing is that it will go past 9 times, apart from that it too far from the finish and not enough of a hill to derail the sprinters.
    We saw it twice today and with a bit of planning it’d possible to see the race at 3 different places.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What an utterly boring route and event. They should’ve let me plan it; my pootles are far more interesting, and you get to see more of London. And there’s beer involved.

Me and Psychle’s London to Brighton off road was loads better than that, and that involved 30 miles of the Downs Link Path….

atlaz
    Free Member

Hopefully they do more with it for the Olympics. Was great to be up on Box Hill and watch it all but the PA had no info about the race as we saw the bikes before the woman doing the PA and the only real news we had about the race positions was pretty much from the people with the blackboards on the motorbikes. If they sort that (i.e. race radio of some type) and sort out the utterly moronic road closures (no route back home for me despite the fact the race was finished already) it’ll be a good event.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Olympic Road (Test) Race in Surrey Today – is it on TV?’ is closed to new replies.