Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Olympic park parking – help
  • ruddy
    Free Member

Really struggling here.

I’m off to a concert at the Olympic park on Saturday with eldest daughter and being a northerner have no idea where to park that isn’t miles from the venue or at the end of a tube ride for which the tube finishes before the end of the concert.

All the searches I do refer to the Olympics last year and unsure if that is still relevant.

Any help or pointers would be gratefully received.

Many thanks all.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Was there on Saturday. Is it the queen Elizabeth park?

shermer75
    Free Member

Can you park at Westfield? It’s pretty close

mav12
    Free Member

http://uk.westfield.com/london/getting-there/

maybe this will help i was there yesterday but by tube what time does the concert end ww left at 10 :20 and walked strait onto a tube train

shermer75
    Free Member
    shermer75
    Free Member

That seems to be the answer tbh…

shermer75
    Free Member

wrightyson
    Free Member

Don’t park at the Westfield. Was chatting to a cab office bloke and he was close to meltdown as loads of his cabs were stuck in traffic around the Westfield. They basically stopped the cars to let the punters through and closed many of the lanes to and from the centre. In fact the actual shopping centre was very quiet. They extended the tube on Saturday till 00:19, however that doesn’t guarantee connections further along the line. We left as the last song finished, didn’t hang about and were on the tube straight away at 11.10. Went to kings cross as I’d booked a cheeky taxi just in case we missed any connections but the tube to Brixton was still running. If doing it again personally I’d park around stpan/kingsx and get the javelin to Stratford international. Takes 6/7 mins. Worth every penny then you should be set for an easy journey home..,

shermer75
    Free Member

That sounds similar to when I was stuck in Brighton a couple of weeks back. It was the same Sunday as the London to Brighton bike ride (unbeknownst to me) and Southern Trains were expecting so many bikes that they had to come up with a solution. The solution being absolutely no bikes allowed on the train. Whether you did the London to Brighton or not. My bike is still in Brighton! 60 expensive-by-train miles away! Aaargh

ruddy
    Free Member

Thanks all, will look at the options.

It’s the band you cant talk about in these parts with some support acts – Ben Howard, Edward Sharpe etc.

cycleoptic
    Free Member

Tried to cycle there this morning.

Now I see why here is so much cycle parking, it is nearly impossible to get to.

Came along cycle track from Hackney, parallel with A12 refused admission along Westfield owned road from there to Westfield shopping centre, despite private cars being allowed.

Yesterday tried southern route from green way, takes you across building sites with many cycle dismounts, then down to Stratford High Street, where you ave to come up another Westfield road, similar o one where cycles are banned.

Olympic legacy us a big joke

How I you get there?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Olympic park parking – help’ is closed to new replies.