Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Olympic Park MTB Trails
  • gribble
    Free Member

Hi,

Interested to see if anyone has ridden these yet? Although they are miles away, I have friends who live locally and may try and tie in with a visit. Would be interested to have a go out of curiosity.

Will start a separate ‘what tyres for wet/dry/humid weather in the Olympic Park’ thread later. :mrgreen:

Linky:

Lee Valley Olympic Park trails, buy a $$$ handbag, have a Starbucks and then shred the gnar

gribble
    Free Member

Bump? Anyone riding the gnar in Stratford?

shermer75
    Free Member

Not open until May

willabilly
    Free Member

I think it is now open, it’s just round the corner from me, so i’ll go have a peek soon

russco
    Free Member

Had a bit of a blast on one of the trails on the way home from work a couple of weeks ago. Managed to get round half way on one before being told to clear off by some jobs worth stating that they were not open to the public yet.

All very odd as you can practically walk onto the trails from several points around the park as they cut in and out and various stages. Not really sure how they will admin people riding them in this case as info on the olympic park site states a £6 charge for a turn up and ride and considering they are practically ‘finished’ they are going to have to put up a lot of hefty big fences and barriers to stop people just dipping in and out of them.

Also worth noting from what I’ve seen its all very tight single track, lots of switchbacks, concrete burms, no passing places where you’d expect to see them, no clear riding direction, and in places oddly dotted boulders close to the sides of the trails for what I can tell just for landscaping purposes. Can’t see these being used for any competitions etc.

Still having said all that they look fun for a bit of sessioning.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Olympic Park MTB Trails’ is closed to new replies.