• This topic has 46 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hels.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Olympic Bonus's
  • zimbo
    Free Member

Thinking on, bus drivers up here always cut me up on my ride to work and back. B*st*rds! Give ’em nowt.

MSP

No I didn’t. And I’m not looking down on anyone, that’s your own assumption.

Well you better change your password then, looks like someone else is using your account. 😆

wrecker – Member

They should take it as unbloodylucky or go find a new job. Plenty waiting to replace these whinging idiots.
    Rather than complaining that they’ll have to work harder, they should be grateful they don’t have to work that hard all of the time.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes but binners how is the olympic games period different from any other busy period? Are you saying they will need to do additional planning, perhaps run more buses, be generally bussier than a normal busy day due to the additional tourists there for the games ?

The OP was under the impression [ gawd only knows why] it would just be a “normal” busy day for the entire games…is this just not true ? Will it really be busier than a naormal “busy” day?

wrecker
    Free Member

What has that got to do with everyone earning minimum wage?
    I also apply those standards to myself. I feel lucky to be in a job, I wouldn’t do anything to jeopardize that particularly at the current time. There are loads of people who’d like to take my place (yes I know I’m on STW etc etc).
    Also worth adding that some of these drivers probably earn more than I do (not that it matters but I’m certainly not looking down on them).

binners

JY. I agree with you. I don’t think any of them deserve a bonus. Asking for one is a blaaaaardy liberty!!!

Your jobs, your job. Get on with it!! But the people who’ve layed down a marker are, as usual, those at the top. with their snouts well and truly in the (taxpayer funded) trough. Handy when you don’t actually have to ask for a bonus, you just vote unanimously to give yourself an absolutely enormous one!!!

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Echoing some previous posters, I believe that this is the natural result of many years of accumulated greed by executives, be they captains of industry or public sector chiefs/QUANGOcrats.

My initial feeling was that it was indeed an utter liberty to demand a bonus for performing their regular jobs, but what may be seen as cynicism on the part of the bus drivers/train drivers etc is easy to understand. Even if they do get these £500 payments, this will be a mere 160th of the £80,000 bonuses that TfL directors stand to receive.

Elsewhere we see so-called golden parachutes for failing executives, often for as much as 5 or 6 times what the average Brit will earn in a lifetime. Meanwhile those nearer the bottom of the employment pyramid are made redundant and often offered as little as 1 weeks salary per year worked with whatever the company or organisation is.

At the risk of straying into tinfoil hat territory, I think that we are rapidly approaching a tipping point where widespread social unrest/violence will result.

hels
    Free Member

I worked in a Unionised workplace once. The Unions hated the idea of performance related bonuses. Their line was that if there was money available for bonuses it should go to everyone equally however well or badly they had performed that year. Way to motivate people !

That kind of thinking leads to this kind of insanity.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Olympic Bonus's’ is closed to new replies.