• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by cdoc.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Oldham Rochdale North Manchester Trails
  • mcnultycop

I know this isn’t necessarily the ultimate in riding, but a lot of my local “xc” rides take in Tandle Hill and surrounding routes. Whilst I’m not one to stand in the way of progress, I’m not sure this is the best place for more development.

There is a multiple start walk on 2nd Jan. I’ll be attending one on my fatty (the walkers will have to putt up with a bike!)

It’d be good if any local STWers could make it.

cdoc
    Free Member

Sorry, but for clarification, I take it that this is about the walks planned in tandle hills park and other areas on the 2nd of Jan in order to protest the plans for development of some greenfield sites in the area?
    Can only be a good thing, plus it’s not a bad place for a wander.

ratherbeintobago

There was something on FB (which I know is the great reliable news source) about how there’s plenty of brownfield land in Rochdale/Middleton etc. that hasn’t been redeveloped, before they start on the green belt.

mcnultycop
    cdoc
    Free Member

mcnultycop

Well I went, in was a bit late and there were lots and lots of people up at the monument, so rather than try and get my fat bike up there I sort of just milled around.

Good showing numbers wise.

cdoc
    Free Member

Did a flyby on the bike, went over Ogden, dropped down to Shaw to meet up with my sister who was walking up to Tandle, then chose a different route back to Blackstone Edge.
    As said, seemed a good turnout!
    Kept an eye out for a the fattie too, Mcnulty!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Oldham Rochdale North Manchester Trails’ is closed to new replies.