Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Oldest bit of gear on your bike
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

The bars on my Enduro are over 4 years old, I have had them for over 3 years and bought them second hand.

The I have had the front wheel on my BFe for 4 years and that was also second hand when I got it. God knows how old my rear wheel on it is.

My road bike is mostly original and is a 1985 Raleigh Flite. When I got it the original tyres were still on it and so perished they had big holes in the sidewalls.

andypaul99
    Free Member

my bottle cage has been passed on bike by bike, must be at least 12 yrs old

DoctorRad
    Free Member

XT FC-M730 crank on my Inbred. Would also still be using an XC Pro bottom bracket if the axle were long enough / the chainstays didn’t stick out so much. You can take my square taper cranks from my cold, dead feet.

SunTour XC Pro rear mech on the commuter, which is itself a 1991 Saracen Traverse Hydrotech with original Magura Hydrostop front brake.

asterix
    Free Member

Had my Cannondale since 1996. Frame, fork, XT front mech, v-brake cantis, and Coda stem and bars stil original. Everything else has been changed several times.

messiah
    Free Member

The Syncros Cattleprod stem still in use on my singlespeed (1996) Kona Explosif is off my 1991 Rocky Mountain Blizzard.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Oldest bit of gear on your bike’ is closed to new replies.