Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Oldest Annual Ride
  • RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

The story doesn't change that much from year to year. Since 1975 riders have been taking part in what is certainly the oldest annual MTB event, the Appetite Seminar. Click the link so I don't have to tell the story here again.

All the locally famous MTBers turn out, including Gary Fisher, Joe Breeze, Scot Nicol, Jacquie Phelan, Steve "Gravy" Gravenites, Otis Guy and yours truly. Several riders said to me, "Hey, you're the guy in Klunkerz!" At least someone saw it. (And by including that word in the post, I have insured that Mr. Google will alert director Billy Savage. Hey Bill, you shoulda been there!)

By starting before sunrise, I was able to party extensively along the way, and still arrive back in Fairfax for some of the free beer sponsored by several local breweries. You can't dawdle, because the beer had run out by noon. Here is the beer crowd.

RepackRider
    Free Member

I'm going to bump this back up with a course profile of our big ride. The nearly vertical line on the right is where the first mountain bike races took place, starting in 1976 before the sport even had a name, the famous "Repack" downhill racecourse.

These are some gnarly downhills, two of the best in our area on the same ride.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Oldest Annual Ride’ is closed to new replies.