Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Older Giant Glory Sizing – any owers out there ho chelp out?
  • rhid

Following on from my post yesterday I have been doing a bit more research on the Giant Glory 2007-9.

It seems to have a really high standover height! Can anyone confirm this? I am 5″6 with and inside leg of 29″ish. I was looking at the Medium frame as the length seems to be more to my taste, however the standover looks like it could be an issue!

Does anyone own or has anyone owned a small or medium glory circa 2007-9? How tall are you and what is your inside leg? Also can you still father children….?

gonzy
    Free Member

not sure if this is of any use to you but i’ve just built up a 2009 giant reign x2.
    i’m 5’7″ but my inside leg is about the same as yours
    my frame is a small size and the top tube length feels spot on for me
    i have plenty of standover height with the dropped top tube but to be honest it wouldnt really bother me as i have no interest in fathering any more children…3 is enough!! 😀

rhid

The Giant website is brilliant. They have a bike Archive which is easy to navigate and geometries on all models from the past 7 years!

The TT on the Small reign and Medium Glory are similar, however the standover is a lot more on the Glory. I will just have to try and find one and see what it is like.

legend
    Free Member

I was looking at the Medium frame as the length seems to be more to my taste, however the standover looks like it could be an issue!

the bb on the old Glory is quite high which will affect the standover, doubt it’ll be too tall when you’re on it. The small is very short (used to have one)

rhid

How tall and what is your inside leg length Legend?

It feels a bit wrong asking that!

legend
    Free Member

I’m 5’9″ and no idea what my inside leg is! What I do know though is that my other half, who’s 5’5″ got on very well with the small when she jumped on for the occasional run.

There are quite a few for sale on Pinkbike and eBay so it should be fairly easy to have a quick go on one

rhid

According to giant the small stand over is taller than the medium. I think medium is a better choice then as the Small is very short. My Remedy is a 23″TT and I get on well with that, the Medium glory is shorter again. Ahhh it’ll be fine!

zero-cool
    Free Member

Giant Glory 2007 geometry from their archives

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/mountain/219/24571/#geometry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Older Giant Glory Sizing – any owers out there ho chelp out?’ is closed to new replies.